Hi, i have my 9360 for 5 months now. Just recently, I loaded the official OS from Telenor Norway 7.1.0.336. But a few minutes after doing so, my phone was doing an endless reboot. I decided to reload the OS again. This time I did a wipe prior to installation. That solved the reboot issue but now I'm facing another problem. I can't get past the start-up screen which says "this handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential....". Basically, it's like an agreement between RIM and the user. I just have to click OK and I'll probably be able to move on. However, I found that my trackpad is no longer working. Hence, I can't scroll down to the "I Accept" or "OK" part. Also, I tried using spacebar to scroll down but that didn't work as well. I do know for sure that my keyboard is working cause I was able to input my password to unlock the device. It was only after that that the start-up message aforementioned showed up.

I don't know what to do anymore. I tried loading another OS version but that didn't work. I did a factory reset using BBSAK. That still didn't work. Is there anyone who can give advice on the matter? Probably someone has had the same experience and was able to fix things without going to the service provider? Honestly, I don't want to give them my phone even though it's still under warranty because they told me it would take AT LEAST MONTH for me to get my phone back as they still have to ship it somewhere for servicing as there is no authorized service center in our place. Also, I don't have a spare phone as of the moment. >.<

Oh well, I guess that's pretty much everything. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    05-20-12 09:31 AM
    Sounds like you got a hold of a developer release. Stick with the official releases, or valid beta releases.
    05-20-12 10:55 AM
    Sounds like you got a hold of a developer release. Stick with the official releases, or valid beta releases.
    nope. it was an official os release by Telenor Norway.
    05-20-12 11:07 AM
    If you wiped your phone there should be no password to enter. Are you on BES? Have you tried an older OS?
    05-20-12 11:46 AM
    Yes, it's an official OS from Telenor Norway, not Sun Cellular. Your OS is leaked. The official released of Sun Cellular is 7.0.0.15555.

Software For BlackBerry� Curve™ 9360 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1555 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1555
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.319
    Software Platform: 8.0.0.359
    File name: 9360jAsia_PBr7.0.0_rel1555_PL8.0.0.359_A7.0.0.319_ Sun_Cellular.exe
    File size: 188.27MB

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...2621264309A88B

Try to downgrade your OS 7.1 to OS 7.0.
    05-21-12 03:34 AM
    Yes, it's an official OS from Telenor Norway, not Sun Cellular. Your OS is leaked. The official released of Sun Cellular is 7.0.0.15555.

Software For BlackBerry� Curve� 9360 smartphone

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.0.0.1555 (Asia)

Package Version: 7.0.0.1555
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.0.0.319
    Software Platform: 8.0.0.359
    File name: 9360jAsia_PBr7.0.0_rel1555_PL8.0.0.359_A7.0.0.319_ Sun_Cellular.exe
    File size: 188.27MB

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...2621264309A88B

Try to downgrade your OS 7.1 to OS 7.0.
    Yes. I already tried that too. Still to no avail. Though from what I know, it doesn't matter from which carrier you download the OS, as long as you delete the vendor.xml file/s, it should work fine.
    05-21-12 11:05 AM
    If you wiped your phone there should be no password to enter. Are you on BES? Have you tried an older OS?
    Yes, I already tried downgrading my OS, even reverted to my carrier's official OS. I wiped my phone using BBSAK. I'm on BIS.
    05-21-12 11:08 AM
    And your phone was reading a 507 (I think) error, reload the OS?
    05-21-12 11:27 AM
    yup. 507 error since i wiped it. i've tried reloading over and over again, but every time still to no avail. still displays the message i mentioned in the original post, "this handheld..."
    05-24-12 08:17 AM
    To me, it sounds like a malfunctioning trackpad.
    05-24-12 09:45 AM
    Hi, i have my 9360 for 5 months now. Just recently, I loaded the official OS from Telenor Norway 7.1.0.336. But a few minutes after doing so, my phone was doing an endless reboot. I decided to reload the OS again. This time I did a wipe prior to installation. That solved the reboot issue but now I'm facing another problem. I can't get past the start-up screen which says "this handheld device includes software that is proprietary and confidential....". Basically, it's like an agreement between RIM and the user. I just have to click OK and I'll probably be able to move on. However, I found that my trackpad is no longer working. Hence, I can't scroll down to the "I Accept" or "OK" part. Also, I tried using spacebar to scroll down but that didn't work as well. I do know for sure that my keyboard is working cause I was able to input my password to unlock the device. It was only after that that the start-up message aforementioned showed up.

I don't know what to do anymore. I tried loading another OS version but that didn't work. I did a factory reset using BBSAK. That still didn't work. Is there anyone who can give advice on the matter? Probably someone has had the same experience and was able to fix things without going to the service provider? Honestly, I don't want to give them my phone even though it's still under warranty because they told me it would take AT LEAST MONTH for me to get my phone back as they still have to ship it somewhere for servicing as there is no authorized service center in our place. Also, I don't have a spare phone as of the moment. >.<

Oh well, I guess that's pretty much everything. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    i have the same problem after having the phone 5 months!!! did you manage to sort out you problem yet? if so please advise on solution..thanks
    06-02-12 03:16 PM
    Did you delete all other OS from your PC this could be the problem in order to Upgrade your device your PC must be clear of any other OS 7 Versions for it to work properly...
    Also you dont need DM to upgrade just load the latest OS 7.1.0.336 and delete XML VENDOR file located in App loader folder..
    So many postings are showing how to load OS deleting the Vendor file right in these threads..
    06-02-12 07:15 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD