My phone won't charge anymore.

Possible reason: I let my phone complete drained before this happened. By completely I mean after it turned itself off because of low battery I forced it on again(power button) because I was in the middle of reading emails, not long after that as expected it died again and won't wake up anymore. I thought no big deal I'll charge it again at home.

So got home at 1am, charged it for the night, when I woke up around 7am the backlight was on but instead of OS7 it was a black screen with a big battery icon with a thunderbolt in the middle. It looks to have 5 levels of charging stripes but all of them were empty. Pressing the power button wouldn't turn it on(to the OS). I have left this to charge for more than 6hours.

Then I tried an external wall charger I bought on ebay and the battery charged to 100% after a few hours, so it's not the battery. After using it for a bit I wanted to keep it full always so I charged it again, having my lesson learned to plug in this BB every chance I get. But I notice it wouldn't charge anymore. I had like 85% and after an hour charging the % didn't change, so I left it for several hours more but now it actually went to down 80%. Its not only not charging or keep my existing charge but it's draining.

My usb is working fine, I just tried an OS upgrade but same problem.

Help...
    Last edited by hahree; 12-04-11 at 09:32 PM.
    12-04-11 07:11 PM
    Do a battery pull. I've noticed in the past on my BB's that if you let the battery die completely or install an app that requires a restart but don't do it right away, that it will show that it isn't charging anymore even though it is. A battery pull usually clears it up.
    12-04-11 07:26 PM
    had the same problem. battery pull did the job for me.
    12-04-11 08:01 PM
    Thanks for the replies. On your 9360s do you get a flashing yellow bolt or a non-flashing(static) socket plug on top of the battery icon(top left corner)? I get both, sometimes it flashes the bolt icon then the socket plug. If I remember correctly the flashing bolt means it's charging and the static plug icon means it's done charging, except it's not even 100% yet.

And is it weird that looking at ctrl+shift+h(info) battery levels go down in 5s, 100 then 95, 90, etc. I don't remember that on my 9700. Or is this normal as well?

Not sure if it's the battery or the phone. There was this article I've read that the internal battery(not the main battery) needs to be refreshed by taking it out then re-set it in or something but it involves complicated hardware procedure.

I'll test a few days more before returning it. Well lesson here is do not completely drain your phone...the BB turns itself off for a reason I guess. Which is a challenge for me because the battery(1000mAh) has less capacity than the one on my old 9700(1500mAh), and make matters worst the 9360 has higher cpu, ram, display, etc so it will drain even faster.
    Last edited by hahree; 12-04-11 at 09:40 PM.
    12-04-11 09:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD