CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Post blackberry curve 9360 ( liquid graphics ) not available?

I remember awhile ago i think crackberry asked rim does the blackberry curve 9360 have liquid graphics and RIM answered yes it does have its own cpu gpu and does support liguid graphics but i found this today while on the web on my curve
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails blackberry curve 9360 ( liquid graphics ) not available?-munch_2012_01_31_141135.png  
    Last edited by Danny0oOo; 01-31-2012 at 08:50 AM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    702 Global Posts
    PIN
    If you really want it, PM me.

:O This is disappointing
    Either way, the graphics are really smooth. Must be the good processor they put into this phone
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,847 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Check this out

4. Liquid Graphics technology is not available on BlackBerry Bold 9790, BlackBerry Curve 9380 and BlackBerry Curve 9350/9360 smartphones.

and here is the link,

BlackBerry - BlackBerry 7 OS - BB7 - New BlackBerry 7 for the new Torch, Curve, & Bold - CA

Bottom of the page, number 4
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by Danny0oOo View Post
    I remember awhile ago i think crackberry asked rim does the blackberry curve 9360 have liquid graphics and RIM answered yes it does have its own cpu gpu and does support liguid graphics but i found this today while on the web on my curve
    I also remember that. It was the 9360's review, see http://crackberry.com/blackberry-curve-9360-review. At the Processor / Chipset / Performance section it was indeed stated:

The BlackBerry Curve 9350/9360/9370 all support Liquid Graphics. They each have a GPU and the re-architected graphics pipeline works wonders, so you should notice the fast, responsive UI, which is made possible by Liquid Graphics. And yes, the BlackBerry Curve 9350/9360/9370 models all support OpenGL

So did RIM found out later that the 9360 didn't have Liquid Graphics?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    205 Global Posts
    PIN
    28714B72

What the ??! When I bought it the site sayed it had liquid graphics , and now suddnley it doesn't ??
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,191 Global Posts

Liquid Graphics is some bull anyway lol
    CrackBerry Abuser

what is the difference? i think the curve is smooth display
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Feel free to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by derrickps3 View Post
    what is the difference? i think the curve is smooth display
    That's what I was thinking.

I mean, I didn't know/hear about it "having" a crystal display so that didn't sway my opinion as whether or not to buy it. But I wouldn't know either way because the phone seems to have a great display.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,650 Global Posts

It's possible that it's because the 9360 uses a Marvell but the 9350/9370 uses a Qualcomm. iirc the marvell doesn't support OpenGL, just the Qualcomm. That may have caused the confusion.
    Blackberry 10 > Windows Phone 7/8 > Blackberry 7 > iOS > Android > Symbian > WebOS > Meego
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,847 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B1173CD

Quote Originally Posted by grahamf View Post
    It's possible that it's because the 9360 uses a Marvell but the 9350/9370 uses a Qualcomm. iirc the marvell doesn't support OpenGL, just the Qualcomm. That may have caused the confusion.
    Agreed, since the 9790 uses the same processor as the 9360/50/70 (Yes they do, the clock speed is irrelevant) that would explain the statement made by RIM