hi i just bought my blackberry and the battery is getting hot and its draining 11% of battery per hour thats only like 8 hours of useage and i have 2g on wifi on bluetooth off and im not listening to music. brightness 10 dim at 10 secounds and auto on/off enabled i am closeing every app i use facebook is on 3 hour update i have no twitter... im going to get a new battery but how can i prevent this new battery from being like this one please help!. should i charge it 12 hours the first time i get it?. theres a picture from blackberry analyser.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360 using Tapatalk
    07-26-12 01:36 PM
    Do you have a wifi network near? If you ain't using the wifi turn that off, as the phone will keep seeking for any wifi hotspot near
    07-27-12 10:30 AM
    how to check the battery discharging option?

can some one tell me step by step procedure?

thanks
    07-27-12 10:32 AM
    I'm interested in seeing replies to this because the only things i can think of to help save battery life are these:

LOCK YOUR PHONE!
    Backlight brightness down to 10-30
    Turn Wi-FI off
    Switch 3G to 2G
    Enable Battery Saving Mode
    07-27-12 07:57 PM
    I'm interested in seeing replies to this because the only things i can think of to help save battery life are these:

LOCK YOUR PHONE!
    Backlight brightness down to 10-30
    Turn Wi-FI off
    Switch 3G to 2G
    Enable Battery Saving Mode
    Ok I really needed to chime in on this thread. I have a 9360 with OS 7.1 and my battery life usually is between 2-3% (sometimes even lower) per hour on light use. If I was the OP I would immediately do a battery pull to reboot the phone to correct any immediate problem. After that I would agree to most of the above in lhsbound06's reply except for a couple of things. I'm on 3G all the time and my battery saving mode doesn't kick in til 20% charge is left. Take from that what you will...

One BIG thing you need to look at is your Apps!. I mean apps that require updating all the time like BeWeather, any RSS aps, newsreaders, sports apps etc. The more updating they do the bigger the drain on your battery. EX: I changed the auto update setting in BeWeather from every 30 min. to every 3 hours. Made a difference and that was only in 1 app.

Also, and this is personal preference, I have programmed my phone to turn off/on between the hours of 11pm and 6am. Not good in an emergency I guess but luckily I haven't run into that problem (yet). Also what I would recommend you NOT doing is using apps that will auto conserve your battery, and just use the power saving feature that comes with OS 7.1. I made the mistake of doing this and over time it rendered my phone useless. Had to get another one under warranty. Learn from your mistakes

Hope this helps.
    kets4ever likes this.
    07-27-12 09:25 PM
    Useage alone has the biggest impact on the battery on my 9360. If my phone is in my pocket with wifi etc switched off, my battery power wont budge for 2 days. However, if i'm sitting here with my wifi on posting on here and switching to bbm constantly to message the battery will indeed heat up and the power will decrease significantly. The design of the 9360 hinders battery power aswell as its so thin in my opinion. I'd try a battery pull as an earlier poster advised but if you're constantly using the device i reckon you should invest in a spare battery. Also i'm amazed the overheating issue on these phones was never picked up in testing as they do get rather warm!

07-28-12 06:49 AM
    hi, I had the same problems with my 9360 when i first got it like high battery drain (20% /hour when web browsing), and heating up.
    in addition to the other suggestions mentioned here, i would suggest checking your OS is up to date. since i updated to .336 i haven't had these problems anymore

Sent from my BlackBerry 9360
    07-29-12 07:42 AM
    ok none of this is what i asked i asked how can i not make my new battery not drain as fast as my old like what should i do not like turn birghtness of blah blah blah because thats not helping and i already know that

07-30-12 01:25 PM
    Simple, don't use your phone as much. That's the number one way to not drain the battery.
    thatsean likes this.
    07-30-12 02:05 PM
    This

07-30-12 02:32 PM
    for me the way i solved this problem and its in with some of the programs that came with the phone i did a complete wipe of the phone the wipe that you have to put in Blackberry as the ok to wipe everything once i did that i removed all the programs i didnt use like twitter slacker radio the diff language packets reset everything to lowest setting and turned alerts off except text and calling reinstalled updates for the main programs of the curve which came from black berry themselfs after the wipe i didnt initiate the connection of wifi till i was completed with everything
    i charged my phone completley after all that done then i went to my cena video and music and started running since this morning i have half a battery left at 5pm today from this morning at 7am so im figuring there is a factory program that has an issues and when go threw a wipe and use blackberry site updates it works for me i dont know if this will work for everyone but im one person that gave it a shot and had to rebuild the programs from black berry with a wipe to work so give it a try make sure to back up your contacts if your going to try a wipe my sd card was not effected by the wipe but i had to search for it again in the settings i hope this info has helped in this questioning
    troubl3dman likes this.
    09-07-12 06:54 PM
    For the battery saving, on OS 7.1, try to manage you battery saving mode to 50% drop of battery, and manage your brightness and contrast, try also to visit BlackBerry.com and read tips on how to save battery....BB 9360 has a 1000 mAh battery, its very small, you musnt try to compare it with previous BBs
    09-08-12 01:46 PM
    Ok I really needed to chime in on this thread. I have a 9360 with OS 7.1 and my battery life usually is between 2-3% (sometimes even lower) per hour on light use. If I was the OP I would immediately do a battery pull to reboot the phone to correct any immediate problem. After that I would agree to most of the above in lhsbound06's reply except for a couple of things. I'm on 3G all the time and my battery saving mode doesn't kick in til 20% charge is left. Take from that what you will...

One BIG thing you need to look at is your Apps!. I mean apps that require updating all the time like BeWeather, any RSS aps, newsreaders, sports apps etc. The more updating they do the bigger the drain on your battery. EX: I changed the auto update setting in BeWeather from every 30 min. to every 3 hours. Made a difference and that was only in 1 app.

Also, and this is personal preference, I have programmed my phone to turn off/on between the hours of 11pm and 6am. Not good in an emergency I guess but luckily I haven't run into that problem (yet). Also what I would recommend you NOT doing is using apps that will auto conserve your battery, and just use the power saving feature that comes with OS 7.1. I made the mistake of doing this and over time it rendered my phone useless. Had to get another one under warranty. Learn from your mistakes

Hope this helps.
    i am also facing same problem from blackberry curve 9360. very poor battery back-up. its only 1 reason on this 1000mah power of battery. i am also thinking to change handset. but other specification are good..
    09-10-12 04:34 AM
    mine also. i bought my blackberry dec 27 2012..in the beginning its ok but yesterday it begins to be hot even im not using it?whats happening with my device?
    01-19-13 04:40 AM
    Had the same problem but since I updated to 7.1.0.794 my battery lasts much longer and it doesn't heat up anymore
    01-19-13 05:19 AM
    I also had the same problem but since updating to 7.1.0.794 my battery lasts much longer and doesn't heat up anymore
    01-19-13 05:20 AM
    I'm on a BL Ultimate xmas edition Hybrid OS with .745. I now get an average discharge rate (ADR) of 5% if on very light use. But I use Twitter, FB, weather, browsing, Bluetooth, Wifi, calls, texting, emails. Pretty much heavy use. That kicks it up to 11% ADR.

If you want to do some technical stuff. You can try installing a hybrid OS. But if anything, update to the latest update before doing so.

http://forums.crackberry.com/hybrid-...evices-736988/
    01-22-13 08:31 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD