bbm takes 10 minutes every morning. need help
every morning my wife tries to bbm me on her curve. i have the torch. it seems it takes her 10 minutes for the first message to go through, but once that one goes through everything seems to work fine. im wondering what this could be? ive tried doing the battery pull and checking for updates, but nothing works. can anyone help me? is this a common issue?
- CrackBerry Master
02-14-13, 11:35 AM #2
- 1,337 Posts
No - not normal
BBM relies on PIN messages. Normally a PIN message is delivered (and confirmed) within 1 sec.
In order to troubleshoot your issue, I would recommend using simple PIN messages from BB1->BB1 and BB1->BB2 and vice versa (a total of 4 messages).
Start by locating the device PIN for each device. This can be done in several ways, e.g. start composing a new email and type MYPIN followed by a space.
The compose a PIN message on each device and type the PIN numbers just found as recipient and any text. Send the message and observe if it arrives.
You should be able to identify if the issue is device or carrier related.
Are you btw using the same carrier?
yes we are using the same carrier, same plan actually. ive even tried turning both phones on in the morning and sending myself a bbm from her phone and also a text. the text gets there instantly while the bbm takes 5-10 mins. ive never actually counted
- By kahansko in forum BBM MusicReplies: 0Last Post: 12-12-11, 10:02 PM
- By rogo22 in forum Rehab & Off-Topic LoungeReplies: 0Last Post: 03-22-10, 02:10 PM
- By Rebada in forum BlackBerry Curve 8900Replies: 14Last Post: 03-13-10, 08:49 PM
- By sedative in forum BlackBerry Bold 9000Replies: 24Last Post: 02-19-09, 10:52 PM
- By toddao in forum Native BlackBerry OS AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 02-10-08, 10:47 PM