Firstly there is no blackberry maps icon in my menu so i have to search a random phrase and then use the extended search and then click on blackberry maps. However when i do open it up all i get is the scale in the bottom left corner and a blue circle thing which i can use to pan and zoom around, there is no map at all. Any help would be very appreciated
    10-30-11 12:35 PM
    Exact same problem here on my Torch 9860, can't find a solution at all!
    01-10-12 12:59 PM
    hi, the same with torch 9800 and curve 9300, after installing the bb maps launcher, the gps is giving the position but there's no maps displayed, white screen with the blue aim circle...i have no clue what should be the next step to get those bb maps displayed. (the bb maps app is instaled)
    01-25-12 08:25 PM
    Yeah, I have a Curve 9360 as well and there are no maps displayed...
    I have the icon on my phone but after I open it there is just a white screen and a blue circle, like ssll said.

I even tried this: BlackBerry - PDA GPS - BlackBerry Maps at BlackBerry.com
    But then I get this error: "sorry your device does not meet the system requirements ..."

Can someone help us with this?
    Last edited by psychic717; 01-28-12 at 10:47 AM.
    01-28-12 10:38 AM
    Well...I installed Google Maps and it works. It doesn't have a person speaking the way through but it's quite good.
    But I would like to understand why I can't see maps on the default GPS application for my blackberry...

There are people who buy this phone thinking that they will be using the GPS without a problem because they will really need it, and then they can't. I'm not one of those people, but still...this is just absurd!

EDIT: Well, I thought that I could just had a data plan on my curve to make blackberry maps work (as I read on the web), but now that I have blackberry internet service running, I realized that I need to be connected to BIS to use the application :S
    This is annoying but at least now it works how it's supposed to...
    Last edited by psychic717; 03-08-12 at 06:18 PM.
    02-06-12 04:07 PM
    .I installed Google Maps
    how did you install google maps? i cant even use blackberry app world!
    02-07-19 06:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD