Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Question BB Curve 9350 WiFi problem

I have been searching all over the 'net... and NOTHING has helped, so I came here.
    I have a Verizon Blackberry Curve 8530 (OS v.5) that is NOT activated. I figured I can connect it to my WiFi router and use it for Facebook, Pandora, YouTube, etc... So I don't have to use up my other phone's battery.
    So I have it properly connected - It shows the green check mark next to WiFi in the manage connections window, the WiFi logo at the top of the screen is lit up bright white so I know it is connected, and I can google things with the Google app. However, I cannot do anything on the browser. Every time I try to open a webpage it says "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." I read somewhere that I had to set the browser to Hotspot browser, which I did, but it still doesn't work.
    I also read that I had to have the data services on, and they are. It says my service is Verizon Wireless and it shows I have 3 bars of 1x (I am in a strong 3G EvDo area so I'm assuming it only has 1x because it isn't activated...) but still, I cannot browse the web. I tried using Opera Mini and that browser doesn't work either.
    What really puzzles me is why I can google stuff, but nothing else works. I updated the App World before it was deactivated but never did the online thing after you update it, so every time I open App World it opens the browser but as I stated before it won't connect!!

So if someone else has had this problem and knows a trick to get it to work, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Also, my WiFi is a Novatel MiFi 4510L Hotspot for Verizon which is protected by WPA2... Just in case that matters at all...
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    3,078 Global Posts

You need an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I need data... to use WiFi...? That's dumb.

And crap I just realized I put this in the 9 series curve section and named the thread 9350. Don't know why I was thinking that... It's actually an 8530.... Lol