I have been searching all over the 'net... and NOTHING has helped, so I came here.
    I have a Verizon Blackberry Curve 8530 (OS v.5) that is NOT activated. I figured I can connect it to my WiFi router and use it for Facebook, Pandora, YouTube, etc... So I don't have to use up my other phone's battery.
    So I have it properly connected - It shows the green check mark next to WiFi in the manage connections window, the WiFi logo at the top of the screen is lit up bright white so I know it is connected, and I can google things with the Google app. However, I cannot do anything on the browser. Every time I try to open a webpage it says "Unable to connect to the internet, please try again later. If the problem persists please contact your service provider." I read somewhere that I had to set the browser to Hotspot browser, which I did, but it still doesn't work.
    I also read that I had to have the data services on, and they are. It says my service is Verizon Wireless and it shows I have 3 bars of 1x (I am in a strong 3G EvDo area so I'm assuming it only has 1x because it isn't activated...) but still, I cannot browse the web. I tried using Opera Mini and that browser doesn't work either.
    What really puzzles me is why I can google stuff, but nothing else works. I updated the App World before it was deactivated but never did the online thing after you update it, so every time I open App World it opens the browser but as I stated before it won't connect!!

So if someone else has had this problem and knows a trick to get it to work, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks

Also, my WiFi is a Novatel MiFi 4510L Hotspot for Verizon which is protected by WPA2... Just in case that matters at all...
    01-03-13 07:06 PM
    You need an active BlackBerry Data Plan.
    01-03-13 07:37 PM
    I need data... to use WiFi...? That's dumb.

And crap I just realized I put this in the 9 series curve section and named the thread 9350. Don't know why I was thinking that... It's actually an 8530.... Lol
    01-03-13 07:56 PM