I really go used to BB Traffic and I am very frustrated that it is going away.

Can anyone suggest alternatives that provide the turn by turn voice navigation?

Much appreciated!
    03-04-15 11:31 AM
    Hi have you tried to use BlackBerry Maps for your BBOS device? I'm not sure if it's available for Legacy Devices (BB7) but check in BlackBerry world and see if you can download it. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    03-04-15 11:42 AM
    Hi have you tried to use BlackBerry Maps for your BBOS device? I'm not sure if it's available for Legacy Devices (BB7) but check in BlackBerry world and see if you can download it. Good luck

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the response. I had it on my BB a couple of years ago but really preferred BB Traffic. I tried to go to it on my phone as an alternative .......now getting unknown error message when I try to access it.

BB World now shows it only available for 10.
    03-04-15 02:03 PM
    Yeah I looked too and there is one called Google maps which I still have on my old 9700 and I checked - it still works! Lol maybe give that a shot. I know how you feel though, I'd love to have BlackBerry Traffic on my passport, with all the discussion about it you'd think they'd do something.
    03-04-15 03:17 PM
    Yeah I looked too and there is one called Google maps which I still have on my old 9700 and I checked - it still works! Lol maybe give that a shot. I know how you feel though, I'd love to have BlackBerry Traffic on my passport, with all the discussion about it you'd think they'd do something.
    I agree that wilt all the discussion you think they would do something. It is like they are throwing away an opportunity sell it on a subscription basis. I for one would subscribe if it were available. A simple survey of existing clients at time of the EOL announcement asking if we would be willing to pay a subscription fee could have been good PR a d could have let them assess the market for maintaining the application. I may even have been an opportunity for a modest profit center for BB.

GO figure.
    Bonnie Bonzai likes this.
    03-07-15 03:01 PM
    What did BlackBerry trafic do that bbm maps on bb10 can't do?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-15 03:04 PM
    BlackBerry Traffic provides a direct route and an alternate routine both with a brief route outline, traffic graph for the entire route and an ETA. The user decides which route to take.

BlackBerry Maps (fastest route option) provides only one route. The route line on the map obscures the traffic colors, making it impossible to see the traffic condition. You also can't see the traffic condition for the entire route. I often have to run Google Maps together with BlackBerry Maps just to see the traffic condition, with a lot of panning. Not good. Also imagine what this does to the battery.

The voice guidance in BlackBerry Traffic is second to none. Clear, concise, and precise. Nothing even comes close, including Garmin GPS . The voice guidance makes the map redundant. The ETA is usually accurate within 2 min for my drive to work.

For more than 2 years after switching to BB10, I kept the Torch permanently mounted on my dash to run just BlackBerry Traffic via the mobile hotspot from my Z10. For me, BlackBerry Traffic is the only app that makes a positive difference. You would know if you have to drive 35km across the 401 in Toronto to work. BlackBerry Maps provides a barely acceptable alternative only because the route suggested by BlackBerry Maps is quite good. But the voice guidance in BlackBerry Maps is less clear and sometime confusing. You will have to look the map to be sure. Of course, not able to see the traffic condition for the entire route is a major downside.

Posted via CB10
    03-14-15 11:24 PM
    So...still no alternatives?
    03-16-15 09:16 AM
    Unfortunately, I don't see an alternative under BBOS.

If you are about to switch to BB10, BlackBerry Maps is an acceptable alternative. The traffic avoidance route is very bit as good as BlackBerry Traffic. What's missing is the traffic condition at a glance and the option to pick a different route.

Posted via CB10
    03-16-15 02:03 PM
    Eh. If I do anything, I'll likely go with an Android device. The LG Mach perhaps. The BB Classic isn't available on Sprint. Yet, anyway.
    03-17-15 12:32 PM