Basically my curve 9360 won't power up if I have the mobile network enabled and a sim card in place. It will immediately reboot and power cycle until I remove the battery and sim and start it without a sim.

then it starts normally and if I turn off the mobile network I can reinsert the sim card and it will start. If WIFI is enabled it will connect via uma without a problem. The phone is sim locked to orange uk and if I start it up with a vodaphone sim in it will power up regardless of the settings - but obviously won't connect. I've tried 2 orange sim cards and both caused the power up problem.

Once its on I can normally engage the mobile network - but the signal doesn't seem as strong as should be be - I have an s3 which maybe shows 3 bars when the 9360 is still showing "sos".....

I've factory wiped it and its running no apps at all now - could this be a power issue (although I've got 2 batteries and its the same with both) as I've been using my playbook charger to charge the phone and I wonder if I've fried both battery's? I guess the power requirement is higher when it first seeks a signal?

Don't really want to spend more cash on the handset - any ideas welcome

thanks
    04-12-13 08:54 AM
    your guess is absolutely right, you need a new battery.
    and throw away the old batteries.
    PFman likes this.
    04-12-13 10:28 AM
    Thanks - hopefully will Get a new one in the morning.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    04-12-13 01:26 PM
    i had teh same sort of problem but my battery was water damaged, i changed it witha friend and my battery worked fine in his cell and his battery worked fine in my cell.
    PFman likes this.
    04-12-13 01:44 PM
    Basically my curve 9360 won't power up if I have the mobile network enabled and a sim card in place. It will immediately reboot and power cycle until I remove the battery and sim and start it without a sim.

then it starts normally and if I turn off the mobile network I can reinsert the sim card and it will start. If WIFI is enabled it will connect via uma without a problem. The phone is sim locked to orange uk and if I start it up with a vodaphone sim in it will power up regardless of the settings - but obviously won't connect. I've tried 2 orange sim cards and both caused the power up problem.

Once its on I can normally engage the mobile network - but the signal doesn't seem as strong as should be be - I have an s3 which maybe shows 3 bars when the 9360 is still showing "sos".....

I've factory wiped it and its running no apps at all now - could this be a power issue (although I've got 2 batteries and its the same with both) as I've been using my playbook charger to charge the phone and I wonder if I've fried both battery's? I guess the power requirement is higher when it first seeks a signal?

Don't really want to spend more cash on the handset - any ideas welcome

thanks
    by the way you cannot use playbook charger to charge 9360
    04-12-13 11:06 PM
    Thought I'd return to this thread.

A month on from changing the battery the handset has been fine.

Thanks for the advice guys.
    05-13-13 07:09 AM