When I scroll to a call in the call log, and press menu, view history, it begins a search for all the calls from that number.

Well, the search comes back as zero. Not even the call that I had originated the search from shows up.

What is wrong here?
    08-24-12 06:43 AM
    What is wrong here?
    No reference to model or OS version for starters.

Please, help us help you.
    08-24-12 07:28 AM
    Its BB 9360. OS 7.1 Bundle 1647.

Says its the most up to date version
    08-24-12 10:28 AM
    I'd try a battery pull, but the latest available OS for your phone is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cuador-738107/
    08-24-12 11:19 AM
    I'd try a battery pull, but the latest available OS for your phone is:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...cuador-738107/
    Why does that version not show up on blackberry website?

The most recent version on there is 7.1.0.523, which is what I have.

Where does .569 come from?
    08-28-12 08:25 AM
    It's on the RIM site, just not from your carrier. Here, you'll need this:

ELITE1's OS UPGRADE GUIDE

1. (Optional) Uninstall any previous OS from PC.
    2. Download OS to PC. Use Internet Explorer, not Firefox or Chrome. (For leaked versions, browser is irrelevant.)
      *If 100% certain you've previously used FF or Chrome on same PC to DL an OS successfully, feel free to use FF or Chrome again.
    3. Following successful DL, run OS file to install OS on PC.
    4. On BB, go to BBM Options, scroll down to Backup section. Ensure Remote Backup is enabled AND also conduct a Local Backup to media card.
    5. Go through any 3rd party apps with option to save settings to media card. Conduct Backup to media card within each of these apps. (Examples: Bellshare apps like BerryBuzz & BerryWeather; QuickLaunch; Shao's apps like Wallpaper Changer & SixTools; etc).
    6. Connect BB to PC. Open DM and backup device. Close DM.
    7. (Optional) Use desktop app like BBSAK or BBMCP to backup 3rd party apps.
    8. On PC, delete Vendor file located here:
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    9. (Optional/Recommended) Run BB Boss v2.2 or BBH Tool (formerly Shrink-A-OS).
    10. In same AppLoader file where you deleted Vendor, double-click Loader to load OS to BB. Follow onscreen instructions.
    11. After loading OS, perform several physical battery pulls over first 1-2 days for OS to "settle in." Perform first batt pull very soon after OS is loaded.

TROUBLESHOOTING
    How to Fix OS not Appearing as Available
    There are 2 common reasons:

A. HIDDEN VENDOR FILE
    Consider trying this new desktop app to remove Vendor from several common locations:
    Vendor XML Remover V1.0

If manually deleting Vendor, always hold down SHIFT and press DELETE to permanently delete.
    Check here first:
    64-bit: Computer\C:\Users\{USER NAME}\AppData\Roaming\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    32-bit: Computer\C:\Documents and Settings\{USER NAME}\Application Data\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Loader XML
    If Loader still doesn't make new OS available, search PC for "Vendor".

If Vendor is not found anywhere, see below to delete contents of AppLoader folder. (Folder where you found Loader & Vendor.)

B. APPLOADER FOLDER ITEMS
    1. Uninstall the OS: Control Panel\Programs and Features, highlight this BlackBerry Device Software, click Uninstall at top.
    2. Delete AppLoader folder contents: Highlight any item, CTRL+A to select all, SHIFT+DELETE to permanently delete.
      64-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files (x86)/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
      32-bit: Computer/C:/Program Files/Common Files/Research In Motion/AppLoader
    3. Restart PC.
    4. Re-install OS on PC: Go to your browser's downloads section, double-click OS to start InstallShield Wizard.
    5. Delete Vendor: Return to AppLoader folder, highlight Vendor, SHIFT+DELETE.
    6. Load OS to BB: Attach BB to PC, double-click Loader (in AppLoader folder, where you deleted Vendor).
    08-28-12 09:14 AM
    It's on the RIM site, just not from your carrier. Here, you'll need this:
    Should I use that Jl commander to wipe it first since I may have OS problems?
    08-28-12 11:12 AM
    No need at all. The phone gets wiped upon an OS install anyway.
    08-28-12 11:26 AM
    No need at all. The phone gets wiped upon an OS install anyway.
    I put the latest OS (.569) on it and it still has the same problem.

When I click on a phone call to view the history, the search results show zero, unless it was a very recent call. Even though the calls are in the call logs, it only recognizes it in a "view history" search if it was within the last 30 days.

I noticed my wifes BB curve 8520 does the same exact thing. My last curve 8900 did not do this, and worked properly. Actually, this curve 9360 worked properly when I first bought it with the old OS it had loaded on it. I didn't have this issue until trying different versions of OS. The reason for upgrading the OS when i bought this phone, was because of the very short battery life.

Anything else you recommend?

It doesn't seem to be a memory issue because it says it has 121 240 924 free bytes. Under "application storage", it shows 115mb free space.

I'm at a loss and really frustrated. I depend on my call logs for my job.
    08-28-12 01:56 PM
    Dont know if this could be the problem but under options>Call Management>Call logs and List>Confirm deletion of Call logs, is this option ticked. Mine is.
    Phone appearance settings:
    Initial View: Call log
    Phone list view: Most Recent
    Show my number: Ticked.
    08-30-12 02:26 AM
    Beats me what the issue is. Mine shows beyond 30 days, though anything important enough to require a response, I'd have done in less than that time frame.

Maybe something like this:

https://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/1054/

I used to use AddOnIs, but unfortunately the app and company have gone away.
    08-30-12 07:27 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD