Hi Guys,

Newb around here from the UK and needing help. I have just been given a 9360 which is hardlocked (MEP 0) and i need to unlock it.

I have read on here that there are a couple of sites in the US that can unlock it via remote desktop, but was wondering if anyone knows of a UK shop/site that can do this?

Failing that can anyone recommend which is the best US site to get this done?

Thanks in advance.
    06-25-12 06:19 AM
    There are a number of threads on this site providing the unlock codes for free. Do a search and you'll find them!
    06-25-12 07:42 AM
    There are a number of threads on this site providing the unlock codes for free. Do a search and you'll find them!
    Thanks for that, but my nephew went down that route and used up all 10 attempts at unlocking it, which is why i now have the phone

I'm looking for a way to unblock the hard lock.
    06-25-12 12:36 PM
    I do not understand the term hardlocked. A BlackBerry is either SIM locked to a single carrier or, it is unlocked and may then use any SIM card.

I have always got my unlocking done in the US. The UK guys are slow, expensive and often don't work.

As has been said, there is a whole section right here on CrackBerry just for unlocking. Many unlockers offer a number of free unlocks daily. Check it out.
    06-25-12 01:02 PM
    Hi Pete, hardlocked means MEP 0. i.e. my nephew tried various different unlock codes and used up the 10 attempts, the phone now won't allow the input of any more mep codes.
    06-25-12 01:09 PM
    Hi Pete, hardlocked means MEP 0. i.e. my nephew tried various different unlock codes and used up the 10 attempts, the phone now won't allow the input of any more mep codes.
    Now I understand. The phone is now blocked from unlocking.

The only way you can now unlock this phone is to have it connected to a PC and use software to unlock it. A search on Google of " blackberry unlocking via usb " gave me several results.

I have never tried this and nor would I. There is a very strong possibility that the phone could be bricked (totally wrecked) forever - unrecoverable by any means.

You should find someone who has done this several times and give the phone to them.

I know of nobody who does this although I am sure that they can be found in most UK towns and markets.
    06-25-12 03:35 PM
    I'm not sure if the 9360 is supported. You can contact these folks and check.
    DM3 Unlocking Service � Home
    Pete6 likes this.
    06-25-12 04:03 PM
    I'm not sure if the 9360 is supported. You can contact these folks and check.
    DM3 Unlocking Service � Home
    Thanks Laura .
    06-25-12 04:09 PM
    Thanks for the replies guys, have found out the server used to fix this problem has been closed down. It may reopen at sometime in the future.......until then looks like i have a very decorative paperweight
    06-26-12 01:58 AM
    Bump!

Just wondering if anyone knows if the BB server has come back online to do a 0 MEP reset. A couple of guys on here thought maybe September..............
    10-06-12 12:28 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD