CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Problems with text messages

New to the BB world. Love my BB just got a couple issues I need help with. I'm on Straight Talk. My last phone wasn't a BB. I kept the same number, but I had subscribed to different websites. Example school alerts, news alerts, etc. Now I don't receive them anymore. Used to also get emails before that I don't get now. None of the setting are blocked. Not sure what else to do. Also when composing a text. Text can't be longer than 4 lines otherwise get error message and won't send. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Weird. You kept the same number, but are no longer receiving updates? Try registering your number again with the places you subscribed to receive SMS newsletters from?

As for emails, set up your email accounts again, or re-send service books. (Or something like that.)

And for the text being no longer than 4 lines? You mean the standard 160 character limit? (Are you with Straight Talk, which uses the Verizon network or Sprint's network?) CDMA devices have a 160 character limit on texting. BlackBerry automatically lets you text past that and it'll send as a different page. (Example: Type past page one and it'll go to page two.)

I'm super confused. Dunno why you're having these issues.
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by AidenSurvival View Post
    Weird. You kept the same number, but are no longer receiving updates? Try registering your number again with the places you subscribed to receive SMS newsletters from?

As for emails, set up your email accounts again, or re-send service books. (Or something like that.)

And for the text being no longer than 4 lines? You mean the standard 160 character limit? (Are you with Straight Talk, which uses the Verizon network or Sprint's network?) CDMA devices have a 160 character limit on texting. BlackBerry automatically lets you text past that and it'll send as a different page. (Example: Type past page one and it'll go to page two.)

I'm super confused. Dunno why you're having these issues.
    Yes I'm confused to. I do appreciate your help. I've managed to contact some people I was subscribed to and got most of those fixed. But with the length of text messags has me really confused. Yes if I go past a certain number it will start another page. But won't send. Even on first page if its longer than 4 lines I get this: SMS Error 104. Message I D 78. General Problems. Any suggestions? Thanks Again for your help
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default same problem

did you ever figure out how to fix the problem with texting? i'm having the exact same problem through straight talk.