Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default an observation: the 9310 is more than a transition phone

the 9310 is a great phone that's holding me over until BB10 releases; once that happens, the 9310 will become my dedicated music player (thus finally cutting the iPod classic / iTunes cord!) for a number of reasons:

- great form factor (slim & light)
    - extremely high music playback rating (in hours) and possibly higher due to the network radio being off all the time
    - Bluetooth connectivity (for headphones, cars, sound systems, etc)
    - quality external speakers
    - easy menu navigation via keyboard & side buttons
    - wifi media sync & microusb port (no fuss looking for an iPod cord anymore and dealing with iTunes software)
    - removable battery
    - access to core BlackBerry functions like memopad, camera, video camera, voice recorder, etc

the only drawback is the microsd limitation of 32gb but a worthwhile tradeoff as the quality of the sound output is way better the iPod classic

...just a thought...
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    221 Global Posts
    PIN
    non ya fn

Not to mention it's on sale at best buy for a measly 60$ I was gonna get one for my son when I saw the price today but they were sold out. So I will be there Wednesday to pick it up. Can't beat a new BlackBerry on a prepaid unlimited plan for 60$ Awesome
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sibeans View Post
    the only drawback is the microsd limitation of 32gb but a worthwhile tradeoff as the quality of the sound output is way better the iPod classic
    I've been wondering why so many people jumped on the iPod bandwagon when the sound quality isn't all that good. I've compared my Sony Walkman to my sister's iPod and there was a clear difference in sound quality, especially when playing at higher volume.
    I use BB10...the blasphemy!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    471 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by DuexNoir View Post
    I've been wondering why so many people jumped on the iPod bandwagon when the sound quality isn't all that good. I've compared my Sony Walkman to my sister's iPod and there was a clear difference in sound quality, especially when playing at higher volume.
    Agreed, sound quality of my old sony e-reader > touchpad > BlackBerry > iPod
    Last edited by sibeans; 11-27-2012 at 07:13 PM.
    CrackBerry User

I've been thinking the same thing. I picked up a 32gb card and threw a bunch of music in mine, and I'm enjoying it and wondering why I'd ever need any kind of dedicated mp3 player again.