Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Looking into 9310

Hey guys, Ive been out of blackberry for quite a while now. My last berry device was a storm RIP. Ive been in and out with android and ios but I just have to do a few cuts into my budget and I want to get the 9310. Just wanted to ask those who have it how it works for you guys. Network, battery life, and size. Thanks
    Life is full of surprises!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Default Re: Looking into 9310

Mine has been great, had it as my primary phone for a month or so now. Boost Mobile network (CDMA Sprint service), on the "Shrinkage" plan that starts at out $45/month for Unlimited talk/text... I just use the wifi for my data needs. Price drops $5 every 6 months, up to $15/month total reduction in price. That's where I'm at now after the discount, $30/month for unlimited usage. Can't beat it. If you need the Blackberry 3G data plan, it starts at $60 and shrinks to $45... still a good deal compared to all the $100/month iPhone slaves out there.

Battery life is no problem. Mine's on the charger often enough, but I'm sure it would last at least a couple days under steady use if needed. Size is fine too, although I'm still used to a beefier phone coming from the Curve 8350i. Lots of decent apps available and fast browsing. Great little phone you can find for $55-75 new if you shop around.
    CrackBerry User

I have had this phone for about 6 weeks now. I love it. I was coming from an HTC One S. I have the 60 dollar a month plan through boost. Unlimited data and everything else. The battery life is the best I have ever experienced. I take my phone off the charger at 7 am every morning and I use my phone all day and I go to bed around 11 pm with about 40 percent battery left. That is just incredible. And this phone can do anything an Android or iphone can do. The price cannot be beat and you will be more than happy with it. Just give it a week to adjust to it. Great phone! And great service!!
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    ask
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by scottydl View Post
    Mine has been great, had it as my primary phone for a month or so now. Boost Mobile network (CDMA Sprint service), on the "Shrinkage" plan that starts at out $45/month for Unlimited talk/text... I just use the wifi for my data needs. Price drops $5 every 6 months, up to $15/month total reduction in price. That's where I'm at now after the discount, $30/month for unlimited usage. Can't beat it. If you need the Blackberry 3G data plan, it starts at $60 and shrinks to $45... still a good deal compared to all the $100/month iPhone slaves out there.

Battery life is no problem. Mine's on the charger often enough, but I'm sure it would last at least a couple days under steady use if needed. Size is fine too, although I'm still used to a beefier phone coming from the Curve 8350i. Lots of decent apps available and fast browsing. Great little phone you can find for $55-75 new if you shop around.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaman29 View Post
    I have had this phone for about 6 weeks now. I love it. I was coming from an HTC One S. I have the 60 dollar a month plan through boost. Unlimited data and everything else. The battery life is the best I have ever experienced. I take my phone off the charger at 7 am every morning and I use my phone all day and I go to bed around 11 pm with about 40 percent battery left. That is just incredible. And this phone can do anything an Android or iphone can do. The price cannot be beat and you will be more than happy with it. Just give it a week to adjust to it. Great phone! And great service!!
    Thanks for the reply guys! I will definitely be getting my hands on a 9310
    Life is full of surprises!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

If the sprint coverage in your area is good, go for it. The battery life is really, really good: I typically have to charge it once a day. The phone itself is a little small & light-ish but I got the OEM premium case and now its a perfect fit & weight
    Last edited by sibeans; 10-31-2012 at 09:53 PM.
    Nokia < RAZR < 81xx < 83xx < 9670 < 93xx = (PB + Z10) + (TP + N4)
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by sibeans View Post
    I got the OEM premium case
    Where did you find this? I'm still using the 8350i OEM case for my 9310, but the case is too big and doesn't activate Sleep mode like it did with the 8350i.
    CrackBerry User

And which OEM case did you go with? The soft shell oem case or the hard shell?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

I got mine from amazon, it seems like our options for oem accessory availability are from amazon, ebay, and rim.

I have the "premium shell" case which is the hard shell case and it's like rim's version of a 2-piece otterbox case (minus the bulk). The soft shell case seems to be the same as the premium shell minus the hard plastic piece.

Overall, great oem case that's available. If any of the slip cases were easiliy available, I wouldve been on it as I miss the in-holster feature.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    533 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by sibeans View Post
    I got mine from amazon, it seems like our options for oem accessory availability are from amazon, ebay, and rim.

I have the "premium shell" case which is the hard shell case and it's like rim's version of a 2-piece otterbox case (minus the bulk). The soft shell case seems to be the same as the premium shell minus the hard plastic piece.

Overall, great oem case that's available. If any of the slip cases were easiliy available, I wouldve been on it as I miss the in-holster feature.
    *oh ya, and shop crackberry too. LOL