CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    http://rroyy.com
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Latest 9310 Official OS 7.1.0.861 from Bluegrass Cellular

BlackBerry Handheld Software v7.1.0.2364 (Multilanguage)

Package Version: 7.1.0.2364
    Consisting of:
    Applications: 7.1.0.861
    Software Platform: 5.1.0.606
    File name: 9310wifiAMEA_PBr7.1.0_rel2364_PL5.1.0.606_A7.1.0.8 61_Bluegrass_Cellular.exe
    File size: 205.48MB
    Note: The Software Platform and Applications version numbers can be found under Options-About screen on the handheld.

Download Software Here
    Last edited by rroyy; 02-21-2013 at 06:26 PM.
    Check http://rroyy.com for my OTA archive and donations...

Questions? Please ask via twitter not checking forum DMs...
    @rr_yy
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Finally! An update that works! Downloaded & updated.

If this ever gets taken down, I'll be more than happy to upload a mirror link.
    Last edited by AidenSurvival; 02-20-2013 at 12:13 PM.
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    CrackBerry Newbie

When is blackberry going to produce an os7 compatible with the blackberry curve 9300 3G
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Quote Originally Posted by JeremyD168 View Post
    When is blackberry going to produce an os7 compatible with the blackberry curve 9300 3G
    Never.

Old hardware, brosephus.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Downloaded and upgraded my BB Curve 9310 Boost Mobile Version.
    OS 7.1.0.861
    Great OS upgrade so far.

Pros:
    Multi-color LED displays status of communication - TEXT, IM,FB, Email, ETC.
    Battery Life when connected to WIFI has improved slightly.
    Battery Life on 3G is same Great Battery Power.
    The Wifi Hot spot - it remembers and connects with in Range more efficiently than my original Official OS 7.1.0.477 (used to have to turn it on manually when I got home, starbux, etc).

Cons:
    Blackberry App World displays some apps as "Not for Download on this Device".
    Cannot get BBM Music to load from App World or direct from Blackberry Webpage.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Richman View Post
    OS 7.1.0.861
    Great OS upgrade so far.

Pros:
    Multi-color LED displays status of communication - TEXT, IM,FB, Email, ETC. Your friendly neighborhood forum poster has added input into this quote: Pretty sure that's been there forever. FTFY.
    Battery Life when connected to WIFI has improved slightly.
    Battery Life on 3G is same Great Battery Power.
    The Wifi Hot spot - it remembers and connects with in Range more efficiently than my original Official OS 7.1.0.477 (used to have to turn it on manually when I got home, starbux, etc).

Cons:
    Blackberry App World displays some apps as "Not for Download on this Device". Here's another input by me again: Those apps are simply not compatible with the device. It's not an OS issue, more like a developer support issue.
    Cannot get BBM Music to load from App World or direct from Blackberry Webpage. My last edit: Pretty sure it's not compatible with the 9310. Haven't been able to use BBM Music since getting the 9310 around July.
    Added input to specific lines.
    Last edited by AidenSurvival; 03-24-2013 at 03:04 AM. Reason: formatting
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Richman View Post
    OS 7.1.0.861
    Great OS upgrade so far.
    Did you have to remove the XML file?
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm not exactly new to Blackberry (fixed bricked blackberries, restored broken jvm's, updated os's the hard way if you get my drift, and all other sorts of things), but I've been away for awhile. So I have two questions. The first is, other than minor improvements, what changes can I expect from this version? Is there a hotspot browser? is there an option to turn the phone into a hotspot? (blackberry's website says this is an available feature, but boost doesnt have it). Any features I will find in this version that I dont already have? And my other question (like I said, been away for awhile) will my apps and personal info still be there after the update, or do I need to back them up with desktop manager before the update? If there arent any new features that I dont already have, then this update isnt worth my time for a few minor improvements.

Global Posts
    35,123 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang

Quote Originally Posted by butterbean1983 View Post
    I'm not exactly new to Blackberry (fixed bricked blackberries, restored broken jvm's, updated os's the hard way if you get my drift, and all other sorts of things), but I've been away for awhile. So I have two questions. The first is, other than minor improvements, what changes can I expect from this version? Is there a hotspot browser? is there an option to turn the phone into a hotspot? (blackberry's website says this is an available feature, but boost doesnt have it). Any features I will find in this version that I dont already have? And my other question (like I said, been away for awhile) will my apps and personal info still be there after the update, or do I need to back them up with desktop manager before the update? If there arent any new features that I dont already have, then this update isnt worth my time for a few minor improvements.
    If you're on 7.0 you'll find a few minor additional features. Mostly what you'll notice should be an overall performance gain.

If Boost doesn't support hotspot, you may be able to overcome that through the escreen, but that's a whole other topic. Scrid has a good write up on it.

Edit - It's always a good idea to do a database backup, along with a 3rd party backup.
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Addict

I'm on 7.1. I actually read somewhere that mobile hotspot is blocked by boost at the carrier level, so I dont think it can be overcome easily. I know that blackberrys used to have an internet browser and a hotspot browser, was that feature done away with?