CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I want wireless hotspot

On my BB 9310 Boost has disabled the wireless hotspot, is there a way to restore it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

If your carrier blocks it, then there is nothing you can do.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

If it's just a software issue can I not load the is from the same phone but from another carrier onto it?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

No. You cannot.
    CrackBerry Newbie

You can try WiFi hotspot apps. If someone is there.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I may have to. I don't see why I can't just load the is from another carrier that has the hot spot. Or just load that service book from the Internet
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,913 Global Posts

Loading the OS from another carrier will NOT enable WiFi Hotspot. If your carrier is blocking it, then it is blocked at the network level not the device level.
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,934 Global Posts

Get the tether app unless you want to connect more than a laptop.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E

Default Re: I want wireless hotspot

When you say more than a laptop, what do you mean? Meaning more than one device, or that the tethering app only works with a laptop. I'm a developer and lately I've been working on Internet Applications for automotive, but I need a handset with wi-fi hotspot for that, but I really really miss my BlackBerry (3 years later) and want to go back.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Quote Originally Posted by catholiclibertarian View Post
    When you say more than a laptop, what do you mean? Meaning more than one device, or that the tethering app only works with a laptop. I'm a developer and lately I've been working on Internet Applications for automotive, but I need a handset with wi-fi hotspot for that, but I really really miss my BlackBerry (3 years later) and want to go back.
    BlackBerry tether apps are wired tethering. Which is why the user who mentioned other than using a laptop. The BlackBerry Curve 9310 has wifi hotspot capitabilities.

Not on Boost Mobile. They block it carrier side.

It's supported on Verizon, but you will be charged $60/month on average to use it. (Don't know Verizon's Hotspot plans. You'll have to check that out yourself.)
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    Doesn't Matter

Global Posts
    55,934 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_X View Post
    BlackBerry tether apps are wired tethering. Which is why the user who mentioned other than using a laptop. The BlackBerry Curve 9310 has wifi hotspot capitabilities.

Not on Boost Mobile. They block it carrier side.

It's supported on Verizon, but you will be charged $60/month on average to use it. (Don't know Verizon's Hotspot plans. You'll have to check that out yourself.)
    Well it works over bluetooth also. What I mean is it won't work to tether and android tablet or ipad to your blackberry. It will only work for a PC or lappy.
    Sent from me using my fingers. Be pantless in 5K. Febreze - for more than smells.
    the 50K CrackBerry challenge
    I'm no more qualified to say so because I own a BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Forgot that it had Bluetooth functionality. Been using the USB wired method for so long, I forgot. :P
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    CrackBerry Newbie

actually you can connect an android (phone or tablet) thru Dial Up Network but its supported on the android device there is apps in the Play store look up DUN.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default pda net

previously I used PDA net with an older version of blackberry and it worked GREAT even though it was supposed to limit use after 30 days. Now, my employer upgraded me to the Curve 9310, but cannot get PDA net to work on it as you can not disable the Native Dun and keep the ability for Bluetooth to connect for using it as a modem.

maybe if PDA.net does some improvements I will give them a try again