Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default I need major help. Thank you!!

Hey guys, I am new here and completely new to Blackberry. I need help in a major way and I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I am coming from an Android. Heres what I need and its alot: How do i change icons in the tab at the bottom of my homescreen? How do i get my pics from my sd card to show in the photos section on my phone? How do I get the videos on my SD card to be the proper format so they can be viewed? How do I get my fb contact pics to sync with my contacts pics? How do I change led colors for messaging,emails,phone calls etc. How do I highlight text in a webpage to copy it and paste it somewhere else? In my contacts under each individual one, ity shows notes:"HTC DATA AND THEN A BUNCH OF LETTERS, how do i delete that? How do I set up a credit card for the app world? How do I set up auto-sync for apps? What is level 1 in the notifiers section? And finally, how do I download music cover art?.........THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Can anybody help me?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    PIN
    3329B14D

Quote Originally Posted by Jaman29 View Post
    Hey guys, I am new here and completely new to Blackberry. I need help in a major way and I apologize if this is in the wrong section. I am coming from an Android. Heres what I need and its alot: How do i change icons in the tab at the bottom of my homescreen? How do i get my pics from my sd card to show in the photos section on my phone? How do I get the videos on my SD card to be the proper format so they can be viewed? How do I get my fb contact pics to sync with my contacts pics? How do I change led colors for messaging,emails,phone calls etc. How do I highlight text in a webpage to copy it and paste it somewhere else? In my contacts under each individual one, ity shows notes:"HTC DATA AND THEN A BUNCH OF LETTERS, how do i delete that? How do I set up a credit card for the app world? How do I set up auto-sync for apps? What is level 1 in the notifiers section? And finally, how do I download music cover art?.........THANK YOU FOR THE HELP.
    1) when you open the app drawer go to the app you want to move and press the BB button, select move. Then move the app to where you want it then press the optical pad to lock it in. 2 & 3) make sure the formats for your pics and vids are compatible with the BB. 4) during the setup of the FB app it ask if you want to sync your fb pics with your contacts, check yes. FYI it doesn't always work. 5) you will need to download a app for that. 6) On the webpage place your cursor where you want to start copying and press the BB button and select "start selection". once you have highlighted the section you want press the pad and select copy. go to where you want to paste and hit pad again and hit paste. 7) Edit each contact to delete it out. 8) try to make a purchase in app world and it will guide you through the steps. 9) Each app differ, go to the options in the apps for that. 10) Don't use it so I don't know about it, level 1 notifiers that is. It might be a app for that (album art). This is the best I could do for now, hope it helps.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Thank you so much! Ok I will start fixing what I can fix. Then I will check things off the list Im really liking this new phone. I just make a lot of mistakes with the optical track pad. I wish there was ways to totally change my home screen look completely. Anyways, do you know of an app that will sync my facebook contact photos to my actual contacts because it didnt work for me And btw, I am liking blackberry waaaaay more than android.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Also, I downloaded a file explorer app and it shows all my photos on my sd card. I just dont know how to move them to my gallery section.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    PIN
    3329B14D

Make sure they are in a folder named pictures and they should show up in your gallery, at least mine do.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I downloaded a facebook contacts sync app for 4 bucks and it didnt sync my photos. I hate losing money. I just want my contacts photos and my gallery photos ugh!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Got the contacts facebook profile thing worked out. Finally hahaha.
    CrackBerry User

Sounds like your so used to your Android and want this to be the same. Remember, this is a blackberry and you will just have to take the time to get used to and get "intimate" with it and not expect it to work the same as your previous non-blackberry phone.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Very true. I just want to view my photos that are on my sd card though and then I will be happy. Oh and album art for my music would be nice.
    CrackBerry User

I don't know about album art, but as for pics, I would take your SD Card and get a SD Card reader for a PC if you don't have already and transfer your pics (hopefully .jpg) and any other important data to your pc. Then format the SD card and have the blackberry put it's filesystem/layout on it (if it hasn't done so already), then you can connect the blackberry to your PC and transfer those backed up items to the appropriate folders on the SD Card.