Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default How do I kill BBM and close quickly

BBM is constantly in my switch app screen which I'm pretty sure means its running constantly wasting a little battery. I have no BBM contacts, and I want to permanently close it. I don't want to uninstall it though just in case I ever want to use it in the future. Also I'm getting tired of having to press menu and scroll to close to kill an app/program so it doesn't run in the background. Is there a shortcut to close/kill an app?
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    6,178 Global Posts
    PIN
    32FE97BA

BBM always runs on a blackberry. You can not close it. You can remove it using desktop manager. I think.

Sent from my BlackBerry Torch 9850 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me

As southlander said you can't close BBM. I wouldn't worry about battery drain if you have no contacts. Even if you had contacts battery drain really isn't an issue unless you have the type of contacts that always ping you, send a lot of broadcast msgs etc. If your still not sure about battery drain use the device analyzer and it will show you exactly what is taking up your battery.
    When you control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. Carter G. Woodson
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Ok good to know guys thanks. Any info on a "close" shortcut?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    PM me

I don't know of any shortcuts but instead of scrolling when you hit the menu button in an app you can just type c for close or e for exit..whichever the app uses to close it and it will take you directly to the option. That's the fastest way I know.
    When you control a man's thinking, you do not have to worry about his actions. Carter G. Woodson
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by Kwsn View Post
    I don't know of any shortcuts but instead of scrolling when you hit the menu button in an app you can just type c for close or e for exit..whichever the app uses to close it and it will take you directly to the option. That's the fastest way I know.
    Oh neat! I didn't know you could search the menu by alphabet like that. Thatll be useful for closing and a few other application menu options I use, especially spreadsheet editing. Thanks so much!