Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default google sync

Search didn't find anything recent. I'm considering downgrading to a no-contract phone and looking at the 9310 for Boost Mobile. My question is whether there is any convenient way of synchronizing the blackberry calendar with google calendar. I like being able to add a calendar appointment on either my cell phone or my galaxy tablet, and then having it show up on the other device. Any ideas appreciated.

Global Posts
    35,468 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry Newbie

Wink Calendar Sync app saved the day (and the PB)

Have you tried "Calendar Sync" from the BB App Store? Embarrassingly simple, after the number of hours I spent trying to sync my multiple calendars with my PlayBook and my Google calendars. Prepared for yet one more frustrating failure, mine was a jaw dropped when all my calendars suddenly commenced their steady, perfect, proud march from who knows where, straight into my hope-dwindled PlayBook. Buck-99, and was worth all and ten times more of it. My PB was at the very brink of being hurled at my own brick wall, after all.

Not being a proud owner of a BB phone, I've only used this app on my PB, but it might be of some help to you.
    Last edited by Homeward Bound; 01-28-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Needed to add last sentence for clarification.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Homeward Bound View Post
    Have you tried "Calendar Sync" from the BB App Store? Embarrassingly simple, after the number of hours I spent trying to sync my multiple calendars with my PlayBook and my Google calendars. Prepared for yet one more frustrating failure, mine was a jaw dropped when all my calendars suddenly commenced their steady, perfect, proud march from who knows where, straight into my hope-dwindled PlayBook. Buck-99, and was worth all and ten times more of it. My PB was at the very brink of being hurled at my own brick wall, after all.

Not being a proud owner of a BB phone, I've only used this app on my PB, but it might be of some help to you.
    I tried Calendar Sync but it doesn't work worth a hoot for me. What's your secret?
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,119 Global Posts

JK. Looks like it worked for my Dev Alpha (from my PlayBook) but not the PlayBook itself. Will have to mess around with it a bit but it does give me some high hopes!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by rjl2001 View Post
    Search didn't find anything recent. I'm considering downgrading to a no-contract phone and looking at the 9310 for Boost Mobile. My question is whether there is any convenient way of synchronizing the blackberry calendar with google calendar. I like being able to add a calendar appointment on either my cell phone or my galaxy tablet, and then having it show up on the other device. Any ideas appreciated.
    It's already built in to sync. Just setup your gmail account with the blackberry email/message program client, make sure you check off "calendar" under Synchronization options, and you're good to go. You can also sync your gmail contacts this way. No need to download anything extra.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default What DID I do...

I'm quite pressed at work through Thursday, but on Friday I'll try to backtrack and figure out exactly what I did that was right and helped Calendar Sync do its thing so well.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I don't know about the BB phone end of it, but I did steps on my PB congruent to these, and several other things similar, for hours and hours until I was ready to scream, sell, or smash the PB. I did all the obvious and everything else I could come up with at all. I wonder if it's apps in the way or conflicting somehow. Calendar Sync simply and suddenly worked magic for me -- first time.

Global Posts
    35,468 Global Posts
    PIN
    pin:tang
    WAPers do it With A Passion

Z/Q Warrior ..` `..` `..` `.. `.. Born to  ..` `..` `..` `..` `.. Upgrade Guide

BB10 - If you don't, kittens will die .................................................. ......................................Kevin - "I call you the PITA I love"
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Default Re: google sync

Thanks for the help guys. The sync feature built into the OS for setting up a gmail account has worked simply and correctly. I thought it was going to be difficult, but after a couple years away from BB I guess I forgot what a good job they do of making things function effortlessly. On a side note, the app store is atrocious. Now I know why they were focusing on developing it more for BB10.

Sent from my GT-P7310 using Tapatalk HD