Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Is this the devicce to bring me back to BlackBerry?

So there is still nothing better for email and calendar managment than BlackBerry.

Google is close to the above, but nothing fits the hand like the BlackBerry keyboard. I tried the Droid Pro, because it kind of looks like the BlackBerry, and not as bad as only having a touch screen, but the numbers are all wrong.

There are a few things that I now "need" after using Android for 3 years. 1.) Turn-by-turn navigation. Though it kind of makes me feel bad that I am so dependent on Google Navigation, I really have been saved by it and wouldn't want to not have it. 2.) I really do need wi-fi hotspot for my work. Phonescoop says the 9310 has hotspot available but only on some carriers. Does this include Verizon? Is there a monthly charge? If there is an additional monthly charge, can I download an app or hack that will allow me to use it for no additional charge, like I have with my Android?

A few other things that I could live without, but there were not good BlackBerry Options last time I used one. Widgets. Particularly Sports scores. Its really great being able to at a glance go through my top teams (Detroit Tigers, Houston Dynamo, Minnesota Wild) and see the score. Podcasts. Automatic download without the need to tether, connect to PC, etc, saves listening location and automatically cleans up previously listened to (whether its older than a certain amount of time regardless of its listened to, or if its been listened to, and hopefully an option to have some podcasts fit in one category and others in another...I have a comedy one that I would prefer to keep, while all my news ones are fairly useless after a certain age).

Please tell me I can come home :-)
    CrackBerry User

Default Re: Is this the devicce to bring me back to BlackBerry?

Blackberry Traffic (free) provides turn by turn navigation, and load of features. The search is a bit flakey, as it relies on <cough> Bing.

With OS 7.1, my Bold 9900 has hotspot capability (which is fortunately no additional charge with Telus) My kids use it all the time for their tablet devices when we're in the car.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

Quote Originally Posted by kwtoy View Post
    Blackberry Traffic (free) provides turn by turn navigation, and load of features. The search is a bit flakey, as it relies on <cough> Bing.

With OS 7.1, my Bold 9900 has hotspot capability (which is fortunately no additional charge with Telus) My kids use it all the time for their tablet devices when we're in the car.
    The 9310 has BlackBerry Traffic available for use?!

Last time I checked, it wasn't available for my device.
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua_X View Post
    The 9310 has BlackBerry Traffic available for use?!

Last time I checked, it wasn't available for my device.
    So it sounds like a definete difference in carrier. Where is the best place to find what is offered by my carrier, Verizon. Their website nd retail lloctions are both fairly poor. If Verizon doesn't offfer what Telus does can I flaah it with Telus aoftware to get tge ability? Is their flaah support for GNU/Linux, or do I have to barrow a friend's Windoze machine.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by kwtoy View Post

Wait...9900? This is the 9310 forum.
    CrackBerry Genius

PIN

OP come home....It's OKAY.
    [B]Real BlackBerry Phones Have Real Keyboards
    Q10 the finest BlackBerry
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

Quote Originally Posted by madman0141 View Post
    OP come home....It's OKAY.
    OP?
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by catholiclibertarian View Post
    OP?
    Original poster.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    420 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

If BlackBerry Traffic isn't available to me based on carrier...I'm going to be pissed off.

Slightly.

I guess I have to find places on my own.
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

According to this article RIM BlackBerry Curve 9310 (Verizon Wireless) Review & Rating | PCMag.com only VZ Navigator ($10 a month) is avaiable for this device on Verizon. Is this article just old and now BlackBerry Maps will do fine?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    33317b2E
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Well I was able to get Verizon to move my updaet date up a few days, but for some reason the 9310 that was free on RadioShack..com was going to cost me $100. So I ended up ordering the 9370, for $50-$50 mail in rebate + $30 upgrade fee.

As such, now my questions between now and Saturday when the old girl comes in can be found in the 9370 forum