Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation Can't Even Make A Phone Call:

I know this is a handheld computer with a Phone App that is emulating a phone call, but to most people, they would say "What a dumb phone. Can't even make a phone call."

When dialing an outgoing call, the entire thing freezes up within 10 seconds.

The only time a phone call is necessary is the rare occasion of calling an 800 number, which is answered by more computers.

These computers want a response. "Press 1", "Press 2", "Press 3" etc. but how can you if the 'phone' is frozen up?!

I can not 'hang up', I can not even power off the 'phone'. It says "phone call is in progress". And pulling out the battery is unacceptable. Even worse, the 'phone' takes at least five minutes to restart.

There must be a way to end the call. The "phone call in progress" is the most pointless error message ever. and when I say "there must be a way to end the call" that means if it is not possible, MAKE it possible. If pointless "phone call in progress" error messages can be created, then so can a way to 'hang up' the call.

I am slowly going through and looking at the apps I have. I will delete ones that are suspicious. One of the apps might be causing this problem. Some of them open by themselves when starting or restarting the device. and from now on I will further investigate apps before I install them.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    417 Global Posts
    PIN
    2B39348D

I was going to mention it may be an app that's causing your phone to slow down. I had one app (Speed Test app) that slowed down my phone. Once removed, it worked again.

Also, it could be more than one app causing the problem. Make sure you're not low on space.
    Believe in BlackBerry, fool!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by In_Correct View Post
    I am slowly going through and looking at the apps I have. I will delete ones that are suspicious. One of the apps might be causing this problem. Some of them open by themselves when starting or restarting the device. and from now on I will further investigate apps before I install them.
    You might need to go the opposite route, and a fresh wipe/install of the phone through BB Desktop. Make sure it works properly, then begin to reinstall your apps. Make phone calls after every install to see which one(s) slow down the process.

Apps are fine, but I maintain that a PHONE should be able to make PHONE CALLS first and foremost. Call me old fashioned I guess!