Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Weird BBM Contact Adding Problem, Please Help

I can't seem to add a certain contact in BBM. Both of us already tried adding each other but we are always stuck in "Pending Authorization". Now, I am quite aware about that problem though mine has a different twist:

A mutual contact of ours (that can message both of us individually with no problems) created a group for us so we can try adding each other through that. Within the group, the mutual contact can see both our names though me and the certain contact I wanna add can only see each others' PIN numbers. Now comes the weird part: We tried messaging in group chat but the contact I wanted to add can't see my messages. She can only see our mutual contacts' messages in the group chat though the mutual contact and I can see all our messages. PIN messaging works perfectly between me and our mutual contact but I cannot PIN message the contact I wanna add (it says Service Blocked) although she can PIN message me successfully.

What and on which end seems to be the problem? I tried searching online with the very same problem as mine but I didn't find anything.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

Is your device on BES or BIS?
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Quote Originally Posted by jesseh View Post
    Is your device on BES or BIS?
    It's on BIS. Any thoughts?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    1,598 Global Posts

That's really odd. Could you have blocked the person accidentally? When you delete a contact you can choose to ignore future requests from that person, maybe that happened? If not, wipe it and start fresh.
    S5
    Z10
    64gb PlayBook
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Quote Originally Posted by jesseh View Post
    That's really odd. Could you have blocked the person accidentally? When you delete a contact you can choose to ignore future requests from that person, maybe that happened? If not, wipe it and start fresh.
    Tried wiping but no success and no, we both checked and haven't blocked each other. BTW I forgot to mention that both her and the mutual friend of ours are international contacts (they live in the same country). Is there any chance that her device is preventing her to add international contacts? I already tried adding several contacts from that same country with no problems.
    CrackBerry User

better ask your service provider on that matter,, because sometimes service providers block requests linking to other service providers...

example,, O2 to O2 service providers are ok,, while O2 to other service providers sometimes block the requests..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #7  

I think I figured out the problem. She was on a BBM-only subscription and apparently you can't add foreign contacts that way. I suggested to temporarily upgrade her subscription to full BIS access (E-mail, Messaging, Apps, Browsing) and somehow that solved it. As soon as she upgraded, we added each other with no problems. I am unsure though if it will block our messages when she decides to revert back to a BBM-only subscription, but so far, it's working perfectly.

Thanks, jesseh and czeds, for the replies.