Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By thatsean
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Overheating problems with 9320?

I keep getting overheating problems on my 9320. The battery becomes so hot I can feel it through the back of the phone. This is mostly when using the blackberry browser. Does anyone else have this problem?

Sent from my BlackBerry 9320 using Tapatalk
    CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,170 Global Posts

When the display is on for long periods of time the power consumption is great. With power consumption comes heat. Your phone will become warm if the display is constant on since that is the greatest use of the battery. Try turning the brightness to reduce battery uses and cut back on heat.
    I hope this helps.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I understand that, but I have my brightness set to 10 (the lowest) and this happens after about 5-10 minutes. Still normal, or a batteru problem?

CrackBerry Master

Global Posts
    1,170 Global Posts

I would say it is not normal. My 9930 only gets "hot" when I am charging the phone and using it at the same time.
    I hope this helps.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I own a 9320 and it does get very warm - i wouldnt say hot, its not enough to concern me, but im sure ill appreciate it when the winter comes!
    chris8189 likes this.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

I'll take it to the carphone warehouse just in case. Thanks for the replies!

CrackBerry User

Default Re: Overheating problems with 9320?

Hi, I have this same phone from the carphone warehouse. I have the same overheating problem and the battery dies in 6 hours. I'm wondering if carphone repaired your phone or what they said to you? Thanks
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

Actually, bizarrely this only happened once. My battery hasn't overheated since and it can last for two days. Sorry I couldn't be of more help

CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Overheating problems with 9320?

i got the same problem. i restart it and it goes normal again. there are many possibilities that cause overheat. Too much using internet will drain your battery. Especially when you use 3G network. But it is not make the phone overheat.
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have the same problem with my Blackberry 9220 3 weeks old. Can I return this?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    90 Global Posts

The battery gets hot because of the signal.
    If you surf the internet using your mobile phone and the mobile network signal is low, the battery will take advantage of the signal as much as possible, this incident could make the battery gets hot because it
    s struggling to search for a better signal.
    CrackBerry Newbie

whenever i switch to 3g my battery temp reaches even 50 degrees that aint normal and den it drains like ****
    on 2g its normal
    i dont kno if its os problem or d hardware problem
    i m running on os 7.1.0.523
    feels terrible i cant use 3g on my 3g phone
    credits to blackberry

CrackBerry Newbie

its gettin worse.
    os-7.1.0.746
    drain rate - 20 % per hr!!
    dafuq
    help!

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Overheating problems with 9320?-tapaupload0.jpg  
    CrackBerry Newbie

****in dead forum
    just the fukin noobs out dere!!
    nobody has a sol!!

CrackBerry Newbie

You can check some possible causes here:

Overheating Blackberry Curve 9220
    Last edited by aumarivero; 06-24-2013 at 04:40 AM. Reason: changed link
    CrackBerry Newbie

yes i have the same problem. and my blackberry 9320 is showing a snigh on it when i put it to charge but it has an big X on the battery
    snigh. what does that means, i need some help......... just buy the phone last year november
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by keira purple View Post
    yes i have the same problem. and my blackberry 9320 is showing a snigh on it when i put it to charge but it has an big X on the battery
    snigh. what does that means, i need some help......... just buy the phone last year november
    You need a new battery.

To the OP, I am a previous owner of the Curve 9320, and I can almost guarantee there is nothing wrong with your phone. I used to watch tvcatchup on my 9320, and it got really warm. This is because the internet was working flat-out, and the display was on constantly, due to watching television on it. If you're browsing the web normally, for any period of time, this phone will warm up. There's nothing wrong with it.
    BlackBerry Q10 (10.2.1.3253)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Unhappy Blackberry is truly dying out

I have been a committed BB user for quite some time but till recently when i bought the 9320 it downed on me that all talks on the media about blackberry slowly losing out on the technology war and about it phasing out were all true. The older phones i used had their own related problems but this curve 9320 was the straw that broke the camels back... Worst thing is that the company receives gazillion complaints from their customers daily but they decide to keep quiet while continuing to market the products with catchy spec lines like "long battery life...blah blah...bla.."
    Its really sad but looks like we have to let go of the RIM now and embrace the eastern products like Samsung since it looks like they are more customer focused..
    CrackBerry Newbie

My 9320 keeps overheating really bad, my brightness is on 10 which is the lowest of course.... my battery was on half and then when i take my battery out and then put it back in its then on yellow. What could i do to help this situation?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blackberry 9320 is hot when am chatting

Am using the same 9320 mine is even worst in fact i use 3 batteries in 1 hour. Pls what is the curse and solution