Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Charger blew and Blackberry stopped working

Just received my brand new BlackBerry 9320 yesterday, I left it to charge then suddenly i heard loud crackling noises. I went to check and realised the charger blew up and had stopped working. The phone was fully charged by then but then it turned off. After an hour or so the phone kept turning off until it came to the point where whenever I turned it on it would automatically turn off. Has this happened to anyone before? And is there a way I could fix it?
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    2a1a4a0a

Better send it back to the shop where u bought it. Think it's still covered by replacement warranty.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Re: Charger blew and Blackberry stopped working

Not quite. My charger died without taking the phone with it (thankfully).

I'm not convinced by the quality of the charger that comes with the Curve 9320 compared to the more traditional charger that you get with something like a Bold. It just feels cheap and nasty.

Anybody else had the 9320 charger just die?

I'm looking at a 4-6 week replacement for mine
    CrackBerry Newbie

I find that blackberry chargers tend to heat the phones up whilst charging. I tend to use a samsung charger as it does not heat up and chargers the phone a lot faster. You should be able to go into any phone shop and buy a replacement charger. I had to get a new blackberry charger sent out and this took them the best of 6 months this is why I used a samsung caharger and still do to this day. My blackberry charger gets used for connecting my phone to my laptop now.
    CrackBerry Newbie

my charger did not blow..but unfortunately it stopped charging...just bought the fon a month a go. does the warranty cover for charger also.
    CrackBerry Newbie

The charger is also covered by warranty, yes. Btw, my replacement arrived just over a week after I called it in so I am happy now. I just wonder how long this new one will last?