Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Blackberry Curve 9320 - can't configure several email accounts

Hi,
    I've just got a bb curve 9320, and in the process of setting up my emails. i know its pretty straightforward doing this, but for some reason i cannot configure more than one of my personal email accounts, it only gives me the option of creating a blackberry email
    account (which I tried just for the sake of it, and once that was done, I dont have the option of adding anymore emails). I've received the service books several times, switched the phone off and on, done a battery pull, updated the software but nothing seems to work.. it seems as if though there is a setting that has been switched off or something?? please help!
    CrackBerry Newbie

I am also looking for a solution for this for my Father who has just purchased one of these from Carphone Warehouse (UK).

He has told me the following issue but has no clue how to do it himself. I am sure with the right clear advice and any step by step he can sort it himself but it is a mindfield out there for this problem.

Text: "I managed to just turn on my blackberry and try and sync and it came up with the message I needed as follows:

“Unable to access local folders. If your Outlook profile uses the Hotmail connector you must create a local data store (PST) and set it as the default delivery location for the profile”

So I do have such a link with Hotmail as my Hotmail calendar and contacts synchronise with Outlook (that is how when I turn on my laptop any changes I have made to my desktop computer appear on my laptop outlook). The link is the latest as far as I can tell. I’m using Outlook 2010 and running with Microsoft windows XP. Blackberry do not tell you how to set up the PST file, hence my problem. As I discussed on the phone, because I do not have internet connection on my phone it will have to synch with my local Outlook calendar on my PC, so I can understand why I am getting the message, but that is as far as it goes.

I have a small window of opportunity to return the phone and get my money back, but frankly I’m going to get this problem with most phones.

Any help appreciated"

Is this the same for you ???
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Adding email accounts to BB9320

Hi snp87

Have you managed to get a solution to your query below, if so please share with me because I have the same problem with my Curve 9320.

Thanks.
    CrackBerry User

try to go to options, device advanced system settings, default services,, hope it helps! you should activate your BIS plan,,
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default emails

Been looking for a solutions for hours and i think i have found out why people cant set up emails -

You need to contact network provider and tell them you are using a blackberry and they can add on something.

Also i found this and i hope it helps.

Check link below

Set up email on your BlackBerry
    Thanked by:
    Branta (06-12-2013) 
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view%28%29=c{324a0710-d5b6-

Quote Originally Posted by JennySzantai View Post
    Been looking for a solutions for hours and i think i have found out why people cant set up emails -

You need to contact network provider and tell them you are using a blackberry and they can add on something.

Also i found this and i hope it helps.

Check link below

http://selfhelp.carphonewarehouse.com/SelfHelp/request.do?view%28%29=c{324a0710-d5b6-11de-e56d-000000000000}
    CrackBerry Addict

Quote Originally Posted by czeds View Post
    try to go to options, device advanced system settings, default services,, hope it helps! you should activate your BIS plan,,
    This guy is right - you need to check with your network provider that you have a BIS plan set up on your account, otherwise there will be no option to set your emails up. I think this is your problem OP.

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry Q10 (10.2.1.3253)
    CrackBerry Newbie

After lots of online research solved using the following which works.
    My setup: Blackberry 9630, Windows 8, Outlook 2010, Hotmail account (not Outlook account)
    • Download BDM 6 at http://depositfiles.com/files/4nc0dle57 or http://www.blackberryforums.com/rim-software/253387-archived-rim-desktop-software.html
    • Uninstall BDM Ver 7. Install BDM 6.
    • Disable updates in BDM 6.
    • Configured BDM Organizer to link the correct folders for synching. http://ow.ly/i/sJfr