Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Exclamation BBM setup not working

hi could someone help posting this on behalf of my niece . she has a new 9320 open to all networks she is using a o2 sim card on pay as u go .
    when she is trying to set up her bbm it keeps getting stuck on the blue screen saying setting up bbm and not doing anything atall ,left it for over an hour but still nothing ,tried resetting it all and trying again but still same happens ? any ideas what to do next ?? thanks
    Alice Ayling likes this.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thumbs down same problem no answer

I'm having the same problem as well with my blackberry 9320 and I'm on an o2 sim card pay as you go aswell I looked on every website for answers and there wernt any I never knew som1 would hav the same type of fone and same sim card and pay as you go I'm startting 2 think that its only with o2 but it aint is it anyway I deleted my bbm becuz of the red clock and then a X. Wen I was connected 2 the wifi so then I reinstalled it and I'm back 2 the same problem with the blue screen mine even says settin up like yours then If I leave it by closin it there a blue screen if I press it blue scrEEN if u find a answer 2 this problem tell me bbm is the main thin I hav on the phone without it all blackberry are rubbish
    CrackBerry Newbie

I'm having the same problem with my bb 9900 , I. Tried rebooting and battery pulling but nothing works. I even tried deleting and reinstalling, its still stuck on the blue scrEen saying settin up bbm
    CrackBerry Newbie

im so glad that someone has the same problem as me.i have taken the battery out several times and opened the tab for 1 hours but nothing has changed i have deleted bbm then reinstaled bbm i also have a question in my mind maybe it could be because of this well i dont have any credits in my bb 9320 i would like to know if you guys have credits in your phone (people with the same problem) if you guys dont have anycredits at the moment like me i think it could be because of the credits maybe. i am so stressed out please help if anyone knows what to do.

thanks so much
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Blue screen after upgrading to the BBM 7 on my 8500

Hi there. I had exactly the same thing happening to me and I am so frustrated. I didn't want to upgrade, but as my messages weren't going through on my old bbm 6 I decided to upgrade. Bad decision
    I tried deleting BBM on my device, rebooting, opening App World, opening my world, holding alt, press r s t. Reopening App World and installing BBM again but it still gives me the blue screen. PLEASE HELP
    CrackBerry Newbie

Question me too!

I've beeen having the exact same problem ever since I upgraded and bbm has never worked for me, I've tried reinstallingn soft and hard wiping my phone and googleing it which hasn't helped so I am going to call up my. Service provididor which is tmobiLe and ask them to fix it becausae this is the main reason I got a bb
    CrackBerry Newbie

hi could someone help I have a new 9220, I updated bbm and when trying to set it up, bbm keeps getting stuck on the blue screen saying setting up bbm and not doing anything ,left it for over an hour an still nothing ,tried resetting it and trying again but still same thing happens
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bbm 9900 not working

I have tried setting up bbm on my 9900. I'm on the giffgaff network and I tried reinstaling/restarting my fone the setup screen would stay the same and then go blnc with a blue screen, someone please help, has anyone found a solution to this?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default bbm help

Hi I too have been having the same problem so my friend told me to :
    Uninstall your bbm
    Reinstall it
    Then tell everyone not to text you or message you otherwise when u answer your message and go back on your bbm it will be a blank blue screen
    Now once u know no one will message you go on you bbm agree to terms and conditions
    then leave it on that screen for about a week or more without presseing any button not even the lock and unlock button
    Hopefully your bbm should work
    Btw dont worry about your battery
    Dont check your battery by going of the bbm screen only put it on charge when it starts to flash and dont go of the screen to check if its fully charged just charge until u think its fully charged
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same here
    Quote Originally Posted by hutchy70 View Post
    hi could someone help posting this on behalf of my niece . she has a new 9320 open to all networks she is using a o2 sim card on pay as u go .
    when she is trying to set up her bbm it keeps getting stuck on the blue screen saying setting up bbm and not doing anything atall ,left it for over an hour but still nothing ,tried resetting it all and trying again but still same happens ? any ideas what to do next ?? thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Have you all got Blackberry Internet Services....BIS....active on your phones from your network? One of you mentions trying to set up BBM through the wifi, and none of you mention that you have BIS. A Blackberry won't work with ordinary phone data, it needs Blackberry data. If you haven't got that contact your networks and ask to be connected to BIS.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default blue screen

did any1 get their bbm fix
    CrackBerry Newbie

Why does my screen go blue when I click on Blackberry messenger?
    CrackBerry Addict

Might be worth asking again if all posters have Blackberry Internet Services from their network on their phone.....and that it hasn't run out....

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same problem here with my bb 9900. Don't know what to do.....
    CrackBerry Newbie

after you upadate your bbm to version 7.0.1.23 you cannot use your bbm over wifi unlike the previous one you can use it over wifi, but the latest i dont think it will work the reason:: business monopoly as usual,, you can connect it via mobile plan or data plan in what network you are using... in short no more free anymore lol
    CrackBerry Newbie

i fixed mine today.. this will definitely work.. first you have to hook up a blackberry data plan.. i took out one just for a day just to see if the problem will stop.. after hooking up the plan still nothing happened but when i connected to a wireless network when i opened bbm it said restoring bbm.. everything restored and i got back my contacts and everything.. hope this works for y'all
    CrackBerry Newbie

How to repair this problem :-
    1-Open your Blackberry's Browser
    2-Go to this link to get the previous version of BBM :-
    AdF.ly - shrink your URLs and get paid!
    3- GooD Luck & enjoy By: MahmoudPK
    CrackBerry Newbie

What specific BB data plan did you use?
    CrackBerry Addict

Like I've posted a couple of times on this thread already....you need BlackBerry Internet services from your network.

Once that is on the phone BBM will work.

Posted via CB10
    CrackBerry Newbie

I have a blackberry bold 9780 and I had WIFI BBM messenger everything was absolutely fine has been months, then basically my picture wouldn't change and I know every ones does that once in a while so I gave it a while and then I realised I was the only one to experiencing the problem and all my names and status were Working just not picture so I searched on here and people said delete and reinustall again, basically did that backed up my files before hand now I have the old bbm and it says on blackberry app world that it is not suitable for my phone and my phone will not back up any body know what i can do??
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default SOS!

Quote Originally Posted by hutchy70 View Post
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default BBM setup

I been having the same problem but after reading one 0of your blogs i set up a one day plan and got my bbm back up>>>try that and thanks much for the info cause i was going crazy trying to figure out whats happening...
    CrackBerry Newbie

try a one day plan and it will reset...i got a 9320 BBcurve
    CrackBerry Newbie

So I was having a hard time making my bbm work the past couple of weeks. Idk where it started but I suddenly just got prompted of the key store handheld password which I do not. Today, I finally hit the limit and everything got wiped off my phone. So it's like a clean fresh start. When I tried using the new bbm, I got to the blue screen after some time of installing it. So I was like BS again. What I did is I went to BB Appworld, BB Messenger, click get support at the bottom of the page, download from smartphone browser, click the download for Moroccan or something (it's a lower version) and voila! BBM for wifi again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast