Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tiago Francisco
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default BB 9220 Frequent Reboots

hi,
    I have a BB 9220 that was originally locked to a carrier, could unlock the phone and when I put my, simcard from another carrier everything running great until now. The phone is always reset itself. From nothing restarts for no apparent reason.
    Whenever the phone reboots the percentage of the battery always varies, sometimes when resart say that have no battery, on the next restart say that have 80% and then restart and say that have 20% always change the battery percent.
    Does anyone have any idea what it is?

sorry for my english

thank you

Global Posts
    32,743 Global Posts
    PIN
    PIN:K Floyd!

Your English is fine! I will attempt to get you some help here/.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiago Francisco View Post
    hi,
    I have a BB 9220 that was originally locked to a carrier, could unlock the phone and when I put my, simcard from another carrier everything running great until now. The phone is always reset itself. From nothing restarts for no apparent reason.
    Whenever the phone reboots the percentage of the battery always varies, sometimes when resart say that have no battery, on the next restart say that have 80% and then restart and say that have 20% always change the battery percent.
    Does anyone have any idea what it is?

sorry for my english

thank you
    Pal, you either have a very bad OS bug or a faulty device. I'd wipe and reload the OS to rule out software issues. If after that it still reboots, take it back. Make a backup, what I am recommending will delete all your data.

Here is the procedure to reload the OS: How to Reload the Operating System on a Nuked or Bricked BlackBerry | CrackBerry.com

Make sure that you tell it to wipe the device during step #3.

Velho, ou você tem um aparelho danificado ou um erro sério no OS. Eu apagaria a unidade e recarregaria o SO para garantir que não é um erro de software. Se depois disso ele ainda reiniciar, devolva pra loja. Faça um backup, o que eu estou recomendando vai apagar todos os seus dados.

Veja o link com o procedimento para recarregar o SO (acima). Não esqueça de marcar a opção de apagar o aparelho no passo #3.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #4  

I thought to reinstall the OS but i couldn't find the official SO for my device. The only SO i see was the Hybrid SO and i'm thinking in install that but first want to try the oficial.
    what do you think ?
    thanks

I thought to reinstall the OS but i couldn't find the official SO for my device. The only SO i see was the Hybrid SO and i'm thinking in install that but first want to try the oficial.
    what do you think ?
    thanks
    How about you tell us what carrier you're using? Then I can tell you where to get the official OS.

When fixing a device, always use official releases.
    Quick Help BLACKBERRY HELP 101 | Direct load Android (APK) Apps : BB10 10.2.1|Sideloading apps: BB10/PlayBook | Update/Reload Software: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Debrick: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10 | Backup 3rd Party Apps: BB7.1- - PlayBook & BB10: Just use BB Link | Battery Saving: BB7.1- - PlayBook - BB10

Got a question? diego.nei@mobilenations.com | My Apps: Papo GP | Papo GP 10 | My Channel: Project Management BBM Channel

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Quote Originally Posted by diegonei View Post
    How about you tell us what carrier you're using? Then I can tell you where to get the official OS.

When fixing a device, always use official releases.
    my bb is from tmn portugal but i'm using a vodafone card

thanks for your help

"Purtugal" ô pa!

Ok, let me fetch you the link.

EDIT: Here you go:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...9C1A357D8B9E1A

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #8  

"Purtugal" ô pa!

Ok, let me fetch you the link.

EDIT: Here you go:

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/D...9C1A357D8B9E1A
    Just one question, my BB was locked to tmn portugal, i search for the unlock code and put the vodafone simcard.
    Its ok to install the vodafone rom or is better install the tmn rom ?

thanks

Just one question, my BB was locked to tmn portugal, i search for the unlock code and put the vodafone simcard.
    Its ok to install the vodafone rom or is better install the tmn rom ?

thanks
    The OS source does not matter once the device is unlocked.

Read this guide just to be on the safe side: http://crackberry.com/blackberry-101...ting-system-os

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

The OS source does not matter once the device is unlocked.

Read this guide just to be on the safe side: How to Install or Upgrade to a New RIM BlackBerry Operating System (OS) with AppLoader | CrackBerry.com
    thanks for all your help, just one thing if the problem continue try a new battery to see ? i just ask to not spend money if the problem was not that
    diegonei likes this.

If you can get a different battery to test for free (going to your carrier's store and asking to try one of their for example) yeah, that woud be ideal. Maybe a friend or coworker with the same device...

CrackBerry Newbie

I use a blackberry curve 9230. It's about a year old now. This problem started a while back with frequent phone reboots. I went online and got BBSak and proximus OS 7.1 and wiped my phone data and re installed the OS. Everything is back as it is with my restored back up but my phone still trips off and reboots. And just yesterday i noticed the battery has gone bad because when fully charged and it trips, upon rebooting it drops to 70%. Please help me on what to do please. It's so frustrating. *sad*

Quote Originally Posted by ISIRICHARD View Post
    I use a blackberry curve 9230. It's about a year old now. This problem started a while back with frequent phone reboots. I went online and got BBSak and proximus OS 7.1 and wiped my phone data and re installed the OS. Everything is back as it is with my restored back up but my phone still trips off and reboots. And just yesterday i noticed the battery has gone bad because when fully charged and it trips, upon rebooting it drops to 70%. Please help me on what to do please. It's so frustrating. *sad*
    Now this has all the makings of a bad battery situation (while the OP here could be either that or software).

I suggest the same thing: Try a different battery and see if it does the same.

CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks for your response. I tried a different battery yesterday and it still kept on tripping off. Don't know what to do any more..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Same problem and dealer and no one seems to know why. I have down loaded the OS and so did my dealer I changed it to 3g and that helped for a bit, I have new cord, New battery. Nothing works so I am done with it! Had 3 years so time to move on.