Hey everyone sorry if there is a post for this already if so could you link me to the right thread.

But if not ... Question.

I'm looking to create my own theme's for the Backberry Cruve 8900, so far I have the theme maker provided by Blackberry, but I can't seem to figure out how to get it on to the phone. I've used desktop manager and at one point it said that it was on the phone, but when I went to theme it was not there.

Also any tips would help A LOT. I know how to use photoshop so you can talk GIF, and JPEG and layers with me all you want. I just want to learn to get this stuff working... Any help ... THANKS!

Dan
    06-10-09 07:40 PM
    I'm mobile so this by memory. After you create a theme you export it via the File drop down menu... I don't remeber which type, one is for OTA and the other will produce a file you can use DM to load it on your 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-10-09 08:08 PM
    Lots of great information in the theme developer's forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/
    06-10-09 08:11 PM
    Lots of great information in the theme developer's forum:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f115/

Thanks for the link!
    06-10-09 08:19 PM
    I'm mobile so this by memory. After you create a theme you export it via the File drop down menu... I don't remeber which type, one is for OTA and the other will produce a file you can use DM to load it on your 8900.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I do not get an option for OTA i get Export and Save As .thm

And is this with Theme Builder Or Composer ......... I hope it's with theme builder because Composer LOOKS so hard to use.
    06-10-09 08:21 PM
    You have to use the export option to get the files to go on your BB.
    06-10-09 08:23 PM
    You have to export as .alx, and this is through Theme Builder, not Composer. After the theme is done being exported, go into Desktop Manager > App Loader > Add/Remove Applications > Browse > select the .alx file > click Next.
    06-10-09 08:32 PM
    You have to export as .alx, and this is through Theme Builder, not Composer. After the theme is done being exported, go into Desktop Manager > App Loader > Add/Remove Applications > Browse > select the .alx file > click Next.

Ok Lemme try that... Thanks .. : )
    06-10-09 08:36 PM
    OK So I did that . . . . goes though and then says ...

Error No additional applications designed for your device were found.

Which is the same error i got because ( I guess i was doing it right before )

But with this error .. . i thought I was doing it wrong ... HMMMM
    06-10-09 09:10 PM
    You can only load a theme on your device if it was built for that specific mode. Make sure you are using the 8900 theme format only.
    06-10-09 09:13 PM
    You can only load a theme on your device if it was built for that specific mode. Make sure you are using the 8900 theme format only.
    Yes it set for that, and the software is the same that came with the phone, never changed... hmmm
    06-10-09 09:28 PM
    I think you will get more responses in the theme developers' forum. Ask a mod to move your thread there.
    06-10-09 09:45 PM
    Please move this thread please to the above location
    06-10-09 10:13 PM
    You have a Curve 2 ?
    06-10-09 10:14 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD