Just a quick question with regards to custom theme building on the 8900.
    I've installed Plazmic 4.6 and noticed that the resolution settings exclude the 8900's 480x360 screen.

Do I continue as is (using the Bold's build), or is there something I'm missing that will let me use proper settings.
    I realize that the Beta of 4.7 is out, but before I commit to anything, I'd like to know what else I can do.

Thanks.
    02-26-09 01:03 PM
    you can create them in 4.6 using the bold's resolution and try to mess around with some different settings like positioning eveything to try and compensate, but when i started working on themes for my 8900 i tried 4.6 at first, but soon realized that it's just much easier with 4.7. Hope that helps!
    02-26-09 01:12 PM
    You can use 4.6 if you like but just keep in mind that that version is not compatible with the OS on the 8900. So any themes you create will not run on the 8900.
    02-26-09 02:17 PM
    4.7 plazmic is not released yet .. not stable, best not to use it. It could brick your phone using non release developer software for themes. Its early beta-ware not a GM or Release.

Its on thing to have beta OS that you can remove, Its another to have a theme with unstable code. that could brick your phone and its not removable
    02-26-09 02:18 PM
    You need Plazmic 4.7... 4.6 will NOT support the 8900... I realize 4.7 is a BETA, but you can always download it and play with it - learn... then wait for the final version of 4.7.
    02-26-09 02:24 PM
    final should be out soon .... I am sure ..

but all the same .. would not use themes with beta plazmic
    but sure download it - play with it, get used the the new outline
    works and stuff , check out the new goods
    Last edited by vx1; 02-26-09 at 03:12 PM.
    02-26-09 02:56 PM
    Thanks for the tips.
    Sadly, give a mouse a cookie...

One thing that bothers me about Plazmic and Theme Building so far is the lack of the specialized folders to edit and incorporate (Games, Instant Messaging, Set Up etc)
    It will probably be the case where creating an inphone new folder will have to do, but frankly I've grown fond of the ones provided and need only edit them.

Second, I'm curious to know if when changing the 80x80 Profiles icon if it'll have any affect on the 60x60 Profile icon that appears on the Home Screen. Haven't found any correlation yet.
    02-27-09 11:23 PM
    A limitation of Plazmic is that you cannot modify the folder icons or 3rd party application icons. Although the 3rd party icons things is pretty much by design of the 3rd party application developer. However, you can not re-size them like you can with the default icons. Neither the 3rd party applications nor the folder icons can be re-sized. You can modify the display size on the home screen only but that is not really re-sizing the icons.

If you re-size the actual default Icons then they will also be reduced on the home screen as well. Check out the link in my signature to my theme. It may give you an idea of what I am talking about. I re-sized the Icons to 50x50 and I also manipulate their sizes a bit on the home screen to get them to fit in the hidden dock areas.
    02-27-09 11:39 PM
    And where can I download Plazmic 4.7? Excited about all the possibilities!
    03-13-09 07:53 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD