Hi guys, I was trying to load a theme onto my phone. It seemed to load properly but for some reason i makes 2 icons for my email messages. The one that has your address as a caption. ie "[email protected]" One of them has a custom icon that came with the theme. The other one has the default icon. When I go to reboot my phone, the custom icon disappears and the stock one stays.

Has anyone else had this problem. It seems to happen to me for any theme I load onto my 8900. Even if it doesn't use custom icons it creates to instances of the email icon until I reboot.

The stock themes don't do this.
    09-09-09 11:03 AM
    The same thing has happened to me on a Storm running OS 5.0.0.191. What I've done is hide both duplicate email icons and simply used the "Messages" icon to deal with my email.

If you want to keep your email accounts separate, you may want to just hide one of the duplicate icons for each account. You'll have to test to see whether emails sent and received from your accounts appear in both email icons when you click on them. If so, then it probably doesn't matter which one you hide.

Edit: You probably have already done this, but just in case... Always do a battery pull after installing and applying a theme. Also, if you have folders whose icons look like they are still in the Precision Zen theme format, click to highlight the folder, click the BB button, and select "Edit Folder". Then, click on the folder icon and a popup should appear which allows you to change the icon to any number of folder icon styles. Usually, the first one shown in the popup screen is the one that goes with the new theme you've applied. (Note: Not sure if this popup appears with versions before 5.0 or not so YMMV.)
    Last edited by dylanmail; 09-09-09 at 11:17 AM.
    09-09-09 11:14 AM
    I guess i'll just do the hide the icons and just use the messages one.

Kind of sucks though. I wouldn't mind having duplicate icons since I can hide them, it's just that when I reboot, the one with the custom icon vanishes, which is the one i want to use since it matches the theme.
    09-09-09 12:04 PM
    There IS 2 icons for messages. One for your specific inbox, one for all messages. And yes, they are 2 different icons. ALL themes have this. You will have more inboxes for each e-mail acct you have.

But... what theme is in question? Does the theme really have custom icons?
    09-09-09 01:25 PM
    i figured it out. Since I have a gmail account, I was using the "enhanced gmail plugin". Themes probably don't have a custom icon for that. That's why 2 icons show. Since it takes precedence over the the regular inbox, when you reboot, the regular inbox vanishes.

I'm guessing I wouldn't of had this problem if i wasn't using a gmail account in the first place.
    09-09-09 02:15 PM
    Yes with the new plug in for gmail the icon that shows is the default icon no matter what, until they change the way the plug in works it will show the default icon.
    09-09-09 09:45 PM
    I guess it happened to everybody. I love using the new plug-in but since it ruins the theme so I've uninstalled it

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    09-10-09 06:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD