Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Reverie HT (8900) - Full Screen theme

Reverie HT is a follow up to the original Reverie, and like it's predecessor, is intended to show off your wallpaper.

Enjoy!

(Bold 9000 version shown w/ custom wallpaper, available below)

Theme by Marc J.S. (AKA dagobah30)

Installation:

To install this theme, open the OTA link that pertains to the version you want from within your BlackBerry browser. Desktop installation is not available.

The dates are in MM/DD/YY format.

*NOTE* In order for the shortcuts and hidden today feature of the theme to work properly, your SMS and Email Inboxes must be manually set in accordance with the version you're using.

*NOTE* If you are installing an "OS 5.0" specific version of the theme over an "OS 4.X-5.0" version, you may need to reset the home screen layout to its default. To do this, go to Options > Themes > (the Reverie theme you are using) > Theme Defaults. Then, select only Layout and hit Apply. A device restart / battery pull may then also be required.

*NOTE* The home screen's wallpaper will show through on the app screen only on the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme. The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this feature.

*NOTE* You may encounter a white background on the app screen when using the "OS 4.X-5.0" versions of the theme on OS 5.0. (The "OS 5.0" specific versions of the theme do not have this problem.) A fix for this can be found here.

A changelog and older variants of the theme can be found here.

Reverie HT (COMBINED Email/SMS)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Updated 01/03/10)
    WITH weather slot: OTA
    WITHOUT weather slot: OTA

Reverie HT (SEPARATED Email/SMS)
    8900/9630/9700 OS 4.X-5.0
    (Updated 01/03/10)

Reverie HT (COMBINED Email/SMS) WITH Transitions
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0
    (Updated 01/03/10)

Reverie HT (SEPARATED Email/SMS) WITH Transitions
    8900/9630/9700 OS 5.0
    (Updated 01/03/10)

If you like and use this theme, please consider making a donation:

Donate

Any and all amounts are welcome!

Features:

Weather Slot
    The theme is available both with and without a slot for your weather app. To use the weather slot version, simply place your weather app in the first spot on your application screen and it will show up on your home and lock screens. Scrolling to the weather slot on the home screen will show its status text.

Clickable Bottom Bar
    Every part of the home screen's bar is clickable, providing easy access to your calender, messages, options, clock, connection manager, profiles, and one app of your choice... Place an app in the first spot on your application screen in the versions without a weather slot, or in the second spot in the versions with a weather slot, and you'll be able to access that app via the "square" button.

Hidden Today
    Scroll to either the calender or messages icon on the home screen's bar for a preview of corresponding entries.

QuickLaunch/ShortcutMe Hotkey
    The spacebar on your device's keyboard functions as a hotkey for both QuickLaunch and ShortcutMe. (You need to have either QuickLaunch or ShortcutMe installed in order for this feature to work.)

Transitions
    This theme is available both with and without transitions. In the transitions versions, a fade effect will occur whenever the screen changes. (You need to be running OS 5.0 in order to install the transitions versions.)

Also available:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/re...-theme-316214/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/re...-theme-361188/
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/re...8900-a-414536/

You may feel free to link to this thread, but do not re-post or re-host the direct OTA links without permission.

The following images were generously provided by crackberry.com forum members. If you own a copyright to any of these images, you may request their removal.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Reverie HT (8900) - Full Screen theme-metallic_colors_texture.png  
    Last edited by dagobah30; 09-08-2010 at 02:27 AM.
    Thanked by 3:
    darius99 (11-28-2010),  jacobwr157 (11-27-2010),  NigerianBerry (03-24-2011) 
    CrackBerry User

thanks for getting this over for the 8900..one problem though, the OTA links aren't working? any help on this would be appreciated..thanks
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

The links should work now.
    CrackBerry User

yes! downloading now! thank you so much!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Thumbs up

This is great !!!! Now you really dont have to leave the home screen Gotta feeling this will be my theme for a long time

Great work !

P.S. Love that the whole bottom bar is clickable pretty slick idea !
    Last edited by SlimGuy78; 09-24-2009 at 07:11 PM. Reason: Bottom Bar
    "Hit The Berry's"

Follow me http://twitter.com/MarcusLH32
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    30 Global Posts

Nice theme!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts

Thanks for this. I love the tastefully minimal look. Except for the really small today font, it's almost perfect.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    123 Global Posts

Thanks for this, I've been using your previous Reverie version as well and loved it!

Just one small request, is there anyway to make a version that has the SMS icon in the bottom clickable bar instead of the Messages icon for those who like to keep them separate? I use the shortcuts on my keyboard so I can press "M" to easily get to my messages without leaving the homescreen but there is no such preset shortcut for SMS yet

If you could make this change, that'd be awesome!

Thanks again
    CrackBerry User

Thank You for all your themes.
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,897 Global Posts

Oooh very nice! I really liked the og v I've used it a lot. Thanks a lot for making ur themes free.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Newbie

I downloaded this theme and it shows up under my application list but not under my themes list so I cannot activate it. I'm using the curve 8310. Is that why it's not showing up? Could you make an 8310 version? That would be amazing!! Thanks.

CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    4,897 Global Posts

Yupp this theme is for the 8900 and Bold only. U need to delete it and reboot ur phone after

Quote Originally Posted by bkshibby View Post
    I downloaded this theme and it shows up under my application list but not under my themes list so I cannot activate it. I'm using the curve 8310. Is that why it's not showing up? Could you make an 8310 version? That would be amazing!! Thanks.

CrackBerry Newbie

Aw that's a bummer. This is probably the sweetest theme I've seen. Thanks anyways flybabyroxy.

CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    PIN
    up! ;-)

love this theme! Now if I can only find one like it in pink....
    CrackBerry User

this is hot. i'm gonna be rocking this for a while. thanks for sharing this
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by EG159 View Post
    Just one small request, is there anyway to make a version that has the SMS icon in the bottom clickable bar instead of the Messages icon for those who like to keep them separate?

If you could make this change, that'd be awesome!

Thanks again

+1 please

could you put sms before the calendar?

i noticed that the alarm icon on the app screen is kinda sticking to the AM/PM when the time is longer such as 12:00 or whatever
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    PIN
    25870C96

This theme is really amazing, one of the best I've seen - and completely free! Thanks a bunch, I'll be sending a small donation your way!

The bottom bar being all clickable is indeed a work of a genius! I just wish the icons were a bit bigger - not bigger than the space intended for them is now, but a bit bigger so they can be seen more easily. Could you please consider this?
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Dude.... To start off, this theme effing rawks. This is by far the best theme for 8900 that I have found. I love the minimalist design. My only gripe is that the option boxes don't play well with OS 5.0, but that's not really your fault. I look forward to an updated version when 5.0 is officially dropped. Thank you again for sharing your work with us.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    75 Global Posts

Hey, by chance is there anyway to make the lock screen the same as the original theme? With the smaller font, the weather icon disappear, and the lock symbol appears in the middle of the screen?
    CrackBerry User

This is truly an awesome theme.. I've been using the original Reverie for a while.. The only thing i would change is the ability to change which icons are in the bottom bar.. I would replace calendar with MSN or BBM or just have the choice to choose.. This theme along with QuickLaunch is AMAZING though.. Great work..
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    98 Global Posts

I love this theme! I just wish the font sizes in the contact list were the same as in Stock themes. Where the company name is a smaller font and slightly lighter color. It helps separate your contacts better.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Great job! I like the lay-out, the usability is great now that you have added the hidden today features, I much appreciate the consistent appearance of messages, calendar and contracts screen, navigation is straightforward, very, very impressive.
    Last edited by kinderenh; 09-28-2009 at 04:05 AM.
    CrackBerry User

Dagobah,

This is probably the best theme I have seen for BB8900 so far. Thank you.

one small request though - Not everyone uses quicklaunch. Is it possible to create another version where there is no quicklaunch but a button which can be used as a drop down menu option which can bring up 6-8 icons for our most used aplications? (think of it as hidden today for most used applications's icons)

Butch
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    PIN
    25870C96

I actually bought QL just for this theme. ^.^
    CrackBerry Addict

Thread AuthorThread Author   #25  

A new version has been uploaded.

A separated Email/SMS version has also been added. This version keeps the same filenames as the original combined version so that you won't have to redo your icons.

Enjoy.
    Reverie Themes
Page 1 of 12 123411 ... LastLast