Hey all, been using all types of themes, all are excellent but I've finally come to the conclusion that I just really want a 'practical' theme, nothing fancy or graphic intensive or with tons of bells and whistles. I found after a while using those themes, my 8900 starts to get bogged down. This theme is for OS 5.xx.

So, I created a simple 8 icon theme with QuickLaunch (space key) shortcut, 'Weather' spot on the top right and a percentage/bar battery meter. There's no hidden today/messages or screen transitions. I did add a nicer notification icon for the Messages then the stock one.

If you're looking for something practical and fast, this is it. I hope you enjoy it!

OTA:
    8QLBW (w/QuickLaunch shortcut, no transition & weather top right)

NEW:
    8QLBWT (w/QuickLaunch shortcut, Full transitions & weather top right)

** Also, I've added my collection of wallpapers for the 8900, some I've made and some I've downloaded. It's in a zip format and you can get the contact sheets below in pdf if you want to see what the wallpapers look like.... Enjoy!

WALLPAPER COLLECTION A

If you're feeling generous

Last edited by MiniM3; 04-12-10 at 11:13 AM.
    04-07-10 09:30 AM
    Did you make it for OS 4.6 or 5.0 ? And will you be posting an OTA ?
    04-07-10 10:37 AM
    Nice ota please!!!
    04-07-10 11:17 AM
    I totally agree w/you !! I must have this theme!! plz an ota!
    04-07-10 11:29 AM
    Could you make one with fade transition please..I really like this one,,esspecially the battery meter..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-07-10 11:34 AM
    Did you make it for OS 4.6 or 5.0 ? And will you be posting an OTA ?
    Sorry, it's for OS 5.xx.

I'll try and get an OTA up tonight, been crazy with work today.

Glad you guys/gals like it. Serves me well
    04-07-10 04:06 PM
    Nice ota please!!!
    Anyone know of a good free site I can use to dump the files for the OTA? I only have image hosting sites. Any suggestions welcomed, thx.
    04-07-10 04:12 PM
    Could you make one with fade transition please..I really like this one,,esspecially the battery meter..

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    I'll try and get one with transitions out.
    04-07-10 04:14 PM
    Awesome and nice WP makes this look super A+++++

Can't wait for an OTA

GREAT JOB GUY!
    04-11-10 11:54 PM
    Hey guys, i have a some updates but still looking for a place to store the OTA files, any suggestion for a free storage site that will actually work. I have one but when I upload the OTAs it doesn't work.
    04-12-10 09:14 AM
    Ok all, I've found a ftp site to host the OTA files, updated original post with links. Also made some cosmetic changes, there's now a full transition version as per requested. Enjoy!
    04-12-10 10:04 AM
    Go in from work was glad to see that the OTA was up, just DL and man it's super!!! I love this one on my 9700!!!!

Thanks again. I will probably donate to you, love wp on this one feels like I back in the bay area, I wished I am in Dallas,Tx

This one gets an A+++++
    04-12-10 06:51 PM
    Go in from work was glad to see that the OTA was up, just DL and man it's super!!! I love this one on my 9700!!!!

Thanks again. I will probably donate to you, love wp on this one feels like I back in the bay area, I wished I am in Dallas,Tx

This one gets an A+++++
    Glad you like it, I love the "snazzy" themes but found after awhile I really just needed something practical and fast and didn't bogged down the resources.
    04-12-10 07:44 PM
    Glad you like it, I love the "snazzy" themes but found after awhile I really just needed something practical and fast and didn't bogged down the resources.
    Completly agree. Excellent Theme. I only wish you had a version with hidden today. But otherwise I love it.
    04-16-10 10:47 AM
    Thanks so much for this. I occasionally put on a Mac or Windows OS style theme, but am usually sporting the beauty of the original precision.

This is great for me, as I can see my weather and put my clock up near the banner as well. Good work!!
    04-16-10 01:04 PM
    briliant theme !!! most of the themes around are slow and lack info, like what WIFI im connected atm.. i think one this one the only thing missing is the calendar when icon is selected : ) still i can manage without it
    thanks!!! you made my day
    04-22-10 04:05 AM
    briliant theme !!! most of the themes around are slow and lack info, like what WIFI im connected atm.. i think one this one the only thing missing is the calendar when icon is selected : ) still i can manage without it
    thanks!!! you made my day
    I will probably make a single hidden dock version. The reason why I didn't was because I really wanted a fast theme and I find a lot of cases the dock calendar/email display slows it down. Keep an eye out, I will probably have a hidden dock version coming out.
    04-25-10 03:37 PM
    hmmmm, well I was refering to a feature some themes have when highlight the calendar icon on the dock and it shows the calendar / tasks. Like these :
    bastian1967.com/curve/iphoned1/8520/home.png

home docks, you highlight with the cursor on the calendar icon and pof, it shows tasks. simple and effective!!

anywaysss i love it just the way it is too.. : )
    04-27-10 04:20 AM
    Thanks for a great theme. It is now my favourite theme.

What is the differences between this new version (8QLBM) and your previous version (8QLBW_DM)? I have both on my bb and couldn't see the different.

How do I get the "star" to show on message application icon when new bb message comes in, i.e. like your screenshot? The bb message shows in message application but no star to indicate new message (it only shows on bb messenger icon). I used to have star indicator on message app when using your previous version but since install this new version, the star indicator doesn't show even when I tried switch back to use your previous version.

Thanks.
    04-27-10 05:44 AM
    I likey I likey....gracias!!
    04-27-10 11:53 AM
    Thanks for a great theme. It is now my favourite theme.

What is the differences between this new version (8QLBM) and your previous version (8QLBW_DM)? I have both on my bb and couldn't see the different.

How do I get the "star" to show on message application icon when new bb message comes in, i.e. like your screenshot? The bb message shows in message application but no star to indicate new message (it only shows on bb messenger icon). I used to have star indicator on message app when using your previous version but since install this new version, the star indicator doesn't show even when I tried switch back to use your previous version.

Thanks.
    The _DM version? I only see the 8QLBM and 8QLBM_fate versions.

Last edited by MiniM3; 04-30-10 at 12:07 PM.
    04-30-10 12:04 PM
    Nice, I installed a wallpaper shifter so I like the transitions, very nice.
    Is there one Today Plus? I like to have a glance of my email on homepage .

I'm using this theme now, thanks again
    05-08-10 11:24 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD