OK so I just upgraded to 5.xx and am running it. The home WP is stunning and the icons are excellent. The new eye candy transitions are pretty trick too. Nice job Danny, very good detail as always. And thanks.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-02-10 10:00 PM
    OK so I just upgraded to 5.xx and am running it. The home WP is stunning and the icons are excellent. The new eye candy transitions are pretty trick too. Nice job Danny, very good detail as always. And thanks.

Holy! Congrats Newt!! OS 5 is way better than OS 4.6, you'll soon find that out..
    Last edited by dannieloco; 02-03-10 at 03:14 AM.
    02-03-10 02:00 AM
    I don't understand, is there new wallpaper available for this? Because while I love the current walls, the new ones look snazzy.+
    02-03-10 07:50 AM
    I don't understand, is there new wallpaper available for this? Because while I love the current walls, the new ones look snazzy.+
    yups! Links are updated.. redownload the theme
    02-03-10 08:06 AM
    I downloaded the theme again, but the walls are the same. Not that I am complaining, but how can I access the new wallpaper?
    02-03-10 08:37 AM
    I downloaded the theme again, but the walls are the same. Not that I am complaining, but how can I access the new wallpaper?
    I would suggest that you delete the theme and boot and start all over. Then re-download the theme, the app screen is the only wall that was changed, plus the lock screen has been "unlocked" so that it will match your choice of homescreen wallpaper.
    02-03-10 08:57 AM
    **I just wanted to let you all know that this theme is currently being updated to correct the cut off date. Updates should be ready by tonight. **
    02-03-10 10:23 AM
    Theme has been corrected for the cut off date and the link has been updated. The new weather version, will be available in a few hours.

Last edited by dollface54; 02-03-10 at 04:52 PM.
    02-03-10 04:45 PM
    nice icon set!

looks really smart and crisp
    02-03-10 06:20 PM
    outstanding!!

great work Danniel, I luv it!!
    02-04-10 01:44 AM
    weather version has been posted!

02-04-10 09:31 AM
    Weather V is now available also the banner has been updated

02-04-10 09:35 AM
    Berry Nice
    02-04-10 12:59 PM
    make this theme for OS 4.6. Did I say please?
    02-04-10 02:37 PM
    make this theme for OS 4.6. Did I say please?
    Im sorry, but I wont be supporting OS 4.6. Making a theme for OS 5.0 doesnt downconvert to OS 4.6 at all.

Please consider updating your OS
    02-04-10 02:47 PM
    T-Mobile hasn't issued a 5.0 upgrade and I see today that they have discontinued sales of their 8900. I don't know if that means that they will no longer provide upgrades for this model. Thanks anyway Dan. Thank goodness for your BerryGreen and BB Bliss. Your themes are the best.
    02-04-10 02:59 PM
    T-Mobile hasn't issued a 5.0 upgrade and I see today that they have discontinued sales of their 8900. I don't know if that means that they will no longer provide upgrades for this model. Thanks anyway Dan. Thank goodness for your BerryGreen and BB Bliss. Your themes are the best.
    There is an official OS5 for the 8900, was released about 4 weeks ago. You just have to remove the vendor.xml file from it after installing to your computer, before you install on your phone. It will work with any carrier.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/ne...8900-a-400282/
    02-04-10 03:06 PM
    I see your concern but trust me, it's worth upgrading. Just because it's beta doesnt mean its a crap upgrade. Us here on the forums call any OS beta until a phone provider such as tmobile, decides to link the OS download somewhere on their site. Companies like tmobile do not put any research into which OS is compatible with their service or anything, its something that is done randomly and sporadically. Once a phone provider such as tmo, att, vodaphone, rogers, etc. decides to link an OS to their website and provide it to their company, we then label the OS "official".. although the OS is the exact same OS it was when we called it beta.

I have two 8900's both running on OS 5.0.411 and trust me, i use my phones a lot. I have not had any issues with the OS. No random reboots, no freezing, nothing! Dont listen to the complaints people post on the threads because the only ones posting are the people who have issues.. which is 1 in a thousand.

Id take the plunge and do it... its the only way you'll see that OS 5.0 works 100% fine on our beloved 8900.

Sorry for the long reply, i felt the urge to defend the so-called "beta" OS's that RIM works hard to continue offering. RIM is constantly upgrading their OS's for our phones, they dont release anything with the term beta.. they release it with the idea that it will improve the phone and the performance.

THere are many reluctant people who have upgraded and have had great experiences doing so...

Thanks Dollface for posting the link
    Last edited by dannieloco; 02-04-10 at 03:08 PM.
    02-04-10 03:06 PM
    I see your concern but trust me, it's worth upgrading. Just because it's beta doesnt mean its a crap upgrade. Us here on the forums call any OS beta until a phone provider such as tmobile, decides to link the OS download somewhere on their site. Companies like tmobile do not put any research into which OS is compatible with their service or anything, its something that is done randomly and sporadically. Once a phone provider such as tmo, att, vodaphone, rogers, etc. decides to link an OS to their website and provide it to their company, we then label the theme "official".. although the OS is the exact same OS it was when we called it beta.

I have two 8900's both running on OS 5.0.411 and trust me, i use my phones a lot. I have not had any issues with the OS. No random reboots, no freezing, nothing! Dont listen to the complaints people post on the threads because the only ones posting are the people who have issues.. which is 1 in a thousand.

Id take the plunge and do it... its the only way you'll see that OS 5.0 works 100% fine on our beloved 8900.

Sorry for the long reply, i felt the urge to defend the so-called "beta" OS's that RIM works hard to continue offering. RIM is constantly upgrading their OS's for our phones, they dont release anything with the term beta.. they release it with the idea that it will improve the phone and the performance.
    Danny, .411 is out of beta, it was released about a month ago. You just need to remove the vendor.xml file to install it for any carrier.
    02-04-10 03:08 PM
    ^^ yeah I knew that.. lol..

anyway, Download the new OS, and experience the many new features that themes now offer! -- especially transitions!
    02-04-10 03:12 PM
    Please correct me if I am wrong but does the theme also contain icons for new folders??? I am creating new folder and have this stupid standard choices which I don't like!!!
    I also use BIS and the icon of the gmail account looks ugly. Is there a way to change that?

Cheers

02-04-10 03:56 PM
    Please correct me if I am wrong but does the theme also contain icons for new folders??? I am creating new folder and have this stupid standard choices which I don't like!!!
    I also use BIS and the icon of the gmail account looks ugly. Is there a way to change that?

Cheers

I'm not sure about the folder question, but the gmail icon, I am having the same issue with ALL themes, ever since I upgraded to OS5. For some reason, all other email addresses get the nice theme icon for the inbox, but gmail is that default precision icon with a little world on it. I don't know why or how to correct it. what I ended up doing is hiding all of my inboxes and just reading my emails from the Messages icon
    02-04-10 04:02 PM
    is issued by my company I think I should check with my IT people before I go ahead and do this upgrade. Yes? No?
    02-04-10 04:46 PM
    is issued by my company I think I should check with my IT people before I go ahead and do this upgrade. Yes? No?
    lol no.. They dont know any better... lol..

jk man, up to you.. i thought the phone was yours to play with.
    02-04-10 04:50 PM

Cheers

I will add a folder to match the theme.. that part is possible and will be done tonight. the GMAIL icon on the other hand.. is a 3rd party app and the app provides its' own icon.. so I cant do anything on my end.. otherwise I def would.
    02-04-10 04:51 PM
127 1234 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD