Theme name: MiniTodayWeather
    Theme author: morrow95
    Supported Device Model(s) and OS: 8900 4.6
    Download Link(s): attatched

UPDATED 6/4

Alright, I made my first theme this morning and after playing with composer updated it already to a completely new one. I am really getting the hang of composer - its not too tough at all.

- 8 bottom dock items on homescreen (icons are smaller than usual to fit 8 of them as well as give more room for today area)

- 3 calendar entries and 3 message entries on homescreen

- profiles icon in upper right

- weather slot (9th icon in app list) shows on the top left as well as on your lock screen. You can put any app in this slot and it will auto-update which is perfect for weather access

- bottom icons will be whatever the first 8 icons you list in your applications screen. 9th icon is the larger top left icon and also shows on lock screen - great for weather - and auto-updates...

- all icons 'glow' when rolled over as well as being highlighted.

Let me know what you all think. It's a simple and basic theme, but gets the job done. I might go ahead and do custom icons and other changes if people like it. Let me know.
    Last edited by morrow95; 06-04-09 at 05:40 AM. Reason: updated version
    06-03-09 02:51 AM
    8th post to post links
    06-03-09 02:52 AM
    9th post to post links
    06-03-09 02:52 AM
    10th post to post the links
    06-03-09 02:53 AM
    Nice looking theme. Good job. I would definitely like to see it with some new icons.
    06-03-09 06:23 AM
    Nice looking theme. Good job. I would definitely like to see it with some new icons.
    THANKS! I don't know when I will get around to it, because at the moment I am trying to figure out some bugs :

1 - because I made the icons small the ones with 'push content' such as the weather, facebook, messages, myspace, messenger, etc do not update on the homescreen because they are not the default icon size. The weather slot will work on the lock screen just fine though because it is regular size. How freaking stupid is that - hopefully Plazmic fixes that issue down the road.

If anyone knows a trick to fix that please let me know... for now I might try to do something with the weather as a normal size the dock icons smaller as it doesnt affect too much there (you will always have an unread icon on your top banner for myspace facebook, messenger, etc..)
    06-03-09 09:26 AM
    Great looking theme! How about setting it up to work on OS 4.5 Curve 8330?
    06-03-09 09:36 AM
    Thank you!

Let me try to see if I can fix some of the issues with the weather icon updating on the homescreen first. If I can make a workaround for that then I'll think about porting it over to other devices.

As of now I think I figured out a solution just need to test it out. I will probably do some custom icons as well...
    06-03-09 10:58 AM
    Okay, I have updated the theme... below are the changes :

- weather is now full size (to fix the homescreen update issue) and is located in the top left

- moved around the time, date, carrier, etc in the homescreen banner due to the having to change the weather icon mentioned above

- profiles button is now located on the right side of the top banner (it was removed in the previous version)

- lockscreen still has weather on it but is now located in the top left (same place as the home screen

Remember, your first 8 icons listed in the app menu are the ones which will be in your bottom dock. The ninth icon is your weather slot (top left of banner and can be anything you want, but intended for weather slot).

Other than that the botto dock icons are not going to update since they are smaller, but since the notification icons are going to be in your banner I dont see it as a huge problem.

Let me know what you guys think and if you have any suggestions...
    06-03-09 12:39 PM
    that takes a long time. The icons and wallpapers are all different resolutions..

btw, great theme!
    06-03-09 12:50 PM
    I see. I generally use my own wallpaper anyway. Great theme, love the added icons in the bottom dock, hence my hope that it would work on OS 4.5.
    If you can do it morrow then great and thanks. If not I certainly understand.
    06-03-09 01:26 PM
    i noticed that the profile icon is a little bit bigger when the phone is locked
    06-03-09 02:10 PM
    Very nice theme
    06-03-09 10:50 PM
    thank you - check the updated version which is better (i think)
    06-04-09 05:41 AM
    it seems that in v3 that when scrolling at the homescreen it feels laggy.

also the profile icon is still a lil bit bigger when the screen is locked than on the homescreen.

im back to using v2 atm
    Last edited by abusedz; 06-04-09 at 12:50 PM.
    06-04-09 12:39 PM
    can the ver2 have with regular 6 Icons ? I know its a MiniWeatherToday but just curious thanks
    06-04-09 03:12 PM
    it seems that in v3 that when scrolling at the homescreen it feels laggy.

also the profile icon is still a lil bit bigger when the screen is locked than on the homescreen.

im back to using v2 atm
    I noticed the profile sizing thing as well - it has to be something with Plazmic because it is the default profile image and has not been resized. Not to mention there is no way to make the lock screen banner different from the home screen banner (unless you use a svg file). Weird I know.

I haven't noticed any lagging on my end... it could just be visual as the highlighting was custom made in composer. Also, the buttons are smaller so a swipe across the tb isnt going to go as far...
    06-04-09 06:43 PM
    i dont know, might be just me. i see like a gray trial as i scroll left and right on the homescreen icons on the bottom
    06-04-09 07:21 PM
    i dont know, might be just me. i see like a gray trial as i scroll left and right on the homescreen icons on the bottom
    That's the glow of the icons as you focus on them - not a lag...
    06-04-09 08:11 PM
    it is lag on my phone, i dont know how to explain
    06-04-09 08:43 PM
    Try hard reset on your device (physical batt pull). It works for me for other themes.
    06-05-09 01:41 PM
    i tried that, didnt work. here is a screenshot of what im talking about

this is v3

im still using v2
    Last edited by abusedz; 06-05-09 at 02:16 PM.
    06-05-09 02:13 PM
    Cool idea for a theme, nice work!
    06-05-09 02:15 PM
    Sure wish there was an OTA for this.
    06-05-09 03:07 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD