Sorry to be misleading if you are looking for both of these themes, but I will have them posted here as soon as the new version of plazmic is released. If you would like to see some of my work for the curve please head here at Curve 8900 Replica Theme - 83xx and 88xx as well as Pearl Flip Replica Theme. I promise my work is top notch, and have had no issues in the past with it. I also plan on releasing a Today plus bottom hiding dock an crossbar theme if all are interested. Please give me some feedback here as to what kind of themes you would all like in anticipation for the new version of Plazmic CDK. I would like to have an idea on what to do so that as soon as it is launched, I can get the themes out ASAP. Thanks!
    01-08-09 10:08 AM
    I love the Curve 8900 Replica on my 8310. Ill be sure to check out any themes you post once you get the screen size updates from Plazmic. My wish would be for a double bottom zen for the 8900 I will get in Feb.
    01-09-09 01:53 AM
    Any of you guys have ANY idea when the next version (4.7??) is scheduled for release?

I had a look on blacckberry.com and on plazmic.com and there is just no mention of 4.7 or the 8900 emulator support.

It sure would be nice....
    01-09-09 09:01 AM
    Any of you guys have ANY idea when the next version (4.7??) is scheduled for release?

I had a look on blacckberry.com and on plazmic.com and there is just no mention of 4.7 or the 8900 emulator support.

It sure would be nice....
    Tell me about it, they seriously dropped the ball on this one. I am emailing plazmic with an issue in themebuilder, I will ask them and report back here if they give me any information.
    01-09-09 09:02 AM
    Tell me about it, they seriously dropped the ball on this one. I am emailing plazmic with an issue in themebuilder, I will ask them and report back here if they give me any information.
    I just emailed Plazmic a question about when they would release 4.7... first I got back an auto email response from Blackberry's customer support, then a few minutes later saying in part "BlackBerry Customer Support does not recommend specific third-party software."

I replied saying I don't know why my email went to you and explained who I had sent my email to. I received a reply shortly afterwards part of which states:
    "Plazmic, Inc. provides content deployment solutions for mobile devices and is a subsidiary of Research In Motion Limited.

Research In Motion has a strict policy whereby we are unable to comment on product development.
    "

Personally, I did know that Plazmic was owned by RIM... I guess that explains a LOT, but why can't they release software that they obviously have working, otherwise they would not be able to load theme's onto the 8900 Curve before they sell them... I guess we are an afterthought.
    01-10-09 04:00 PM
    I need a theme that shows a few upcoming appointments and last few messages. No need for a call log as they come through in the messages. I think I used the today plus theme on my 8120.
    01-22-09 10:38 AM
    I would like to start working on a theme for the 8900 as soon as the software is available. In the meantime, does anyone have any specifics on the actual look of the theme? I sense that a lot of people want a today plus, or something that displays messages and appts on the homescreen but could I get some more specifics on the appearance such as a glass styling, a windows vista type theme, a high contrast theme, etc. I'm looking to avoid extremely specific themes such as a sports team or something of that nature and am gearing towards something that everyone can enjoy instead of a select few. That doesn't mean I won't be making any in the future, but for the first few themes, I'd like to go mainstream. Any ideas?
    01-25-09 09:07 PM
    I think you are on the right track thinking of a general theme idea. You are also correct that the 8900 needs a Today plus theme. I would suggest just using the default background on the Bold. There are actually many examples in the Bold theme forum. What users want is something crisp that actually looks like it could be a default theme. Also you dont want to compromise things like font size and style when accessing menus etc.

If I was doing this, I would check out the Bold 9000 theme forum and look at the Themes by Hulkster. I am using a couple of his and they are superior to the default. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
    01-28-09 09:18 PM
    I think you are on the right track thinking of a general theme idea. You are also correct that the 8900 needs a Today plus theme. I would suggest just using the default background on the Bold. There are actually many examples in the Bold theme forum. What users want is something crisp that actually looks like it could be a default theme. Also you dont want to compromise things like font size and style when accessing menus etc.

If I was doing this, I would check out the Bold 9000 theme forum and look at the Themes by Hulkster. I am using a couple of his and they are superior to the default. Good Luck!!!!!!!!!!
    Thanks for the feedback, I was gearing towards something that was very simple and clean much like the default theme that comes with the curve 8900 (but i'm sure you're all gettin a bit bored with it). I'll take a look, thanks again.
    01-29-09 01:03 AM
    I love the Curve 8900 Replica on my 8310. Ill be sure to check out any themes you post once you get the screen size updates from Plazmic. My wish would be for a double bottom zen for the 8900 I will get in Feb.

I got my 8900 last week from tmobile it only has 2 themes no L they're pretty boring. But the phone is AMAZING!!!!!!! I LOVE IT!
    01-29-09 09:49 PM
    Cool beans man...
    09-08-09 04:16 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD