Is anyone else having an issue with custom themes and startup with their BBs? I have tried making my own themes as well as using other's themes and most of the time if my 8900 reboots, it gets stuck at the t-mobile splash screen. If i hold the end key, it will show the warning to shut down and you can see the theme behind the warning, but the splash screen never goes away. I end up having to remove the theme with DM and restart. Anyone else have this issue? At first I thought it had to do with the beta Plazmic software, but now that the official release is out, im unsure. Im running version 4.6.1.168 on the BB.
    03-19-09 03:06 PM
    I never had a problem with any of the themes i built and restarting, but i know it was a big issue with the Beta. The official Plazmic release, IMO, still has some issues that should have been worked out. A course, the work around it to switch to a stock theme if possible before restarting.
    03-19-09 03:58 PM
    I never had a problem with any of the themes i built and restarting, but i know it was a big issue with the Beta. The official Plazmic release, IMO, still has some issues that should have been worked out. A course, the work around it to switch to a stock theme if possible before restarting.
    That would be great but sometimes the BB restarts sometimes on its own. This has to be an OS bug or plazmic bug.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    03-19-09 04:06 PM
    Yeah, I continue to have this same issue even with the official Plazmic release. My problem is that I use "Quickpull" and have it scheduled to do a daily restart eliminating the need for a battery pull. It's set to go in the middle of the night, therefore I can't switch themes to prevent the freeze on T Mobile's screen.

This definitely needs to be addressed soon. I know this is an issue with everyone and not just a few.
    03-19-09 06:45 PM
    I have never had my 8900 reboot on its own.

03-19-09 08:17 PM
    It does it if you change permissions on an app. Not sure why.

03-19-09 09:05 PM
    I have the exact same problem, would love a solution to this.
    03-23-09 08:04 AM
    Just tested this and mine asked if I want to reboot now or later.....

Running .174
    03-23-09 08:07 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD