im going crazy im trying to install a theme for my 8900 and i know i saw a
    how-to but i cant for the life of me find it. can some one help me please!
    04-09-09 10:19 AM
    it depends. if you find a theme with an ota link then you can just follow the link from your phone and choose to download. once the theme has downloaded you should restart your phone and it should appear uner options-->themes
    04-16-09 08:38 AM
    Go to the "Blackberry Help" at the top of every forum page... hover over it and then click on the "Blackberry 101 lecture series"... I added a link to my signature below... they have a great guide on themes.
    04-16-09 08:49 AM
    im going crazy im trying to install a theme for my 8900 and i know i saw a
    how-to but i cant for the life of me find it. can some one help me please!

OK there are 2 different types of downloads one will be OTA and one will be a .zip file

if the theme is described as and OTA Download then the easiest way is on your PC right click the link for the theme and click copy link location, then in a email paste that link in the body of the email then email to yourself(the email on your blackberry), once you recieve the email on blackberry click the link and it will prompt to install, once installed go to options then themes and it will now be in list)

If its a .zip folder from your pc download the .zip folder once file is downloade extract the cotents of the zip folder to a place on PC you will remember, ie my documents after this is done, connect blackberry to PC and open Desktop Manager, (Preferbly version 4.6), in Desktop Manager click on Application Loader and Add Application, you should now see a screen with a list of installed apps on blackberry with checkmarks beside them all, on the bottom right of screen you will see a browse button, click on that and find the folder you extracted earlier from the .zip file you downloaded, you will now see the file that contains the theme click that file and then you should be back at that screen that shows all the applications on your blackberry make sure you now see the theme in this list and make sure it has a checkmark, if so click next, you will be prompted of what "new" apps will be installed, again you should see the theme name in that prompt, click next again and the install will start, this way takes about 5 mins so dont worry if its taking a bit longer then a OTA download would, once installed blackberry will reset and then it will be in themes under options.

**Please note that all themes that are downloaded are NOT 100% stable, not to scare you from using them, i have many on my phone, but they are NOT 100% stable, the one and prolly only issue with them is you should never reset or do a battery pull on your phone if you have any 'new" messages (ie email or SMS or BBM) with any of these them active, so safest way is too switch back to a theme that came preinstalled any time you do a battery pull or reset the device
    04-16-09 08:53 AM
    Thank you. And I didn't know that info about the battery pull. Thanx

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 07:46 AM
    just out of curiosity, why would doing a battery pull affect the stability of the phone while using a different theme?
    04-18-09 09:34 PM
    An unstable app/theme running can ruin your phone

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    04-18-09 09:41 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD