Hey crackberryions.

I am working on my first animated theme and I am looking for beta testers.

This is a work in progress, and when it is finished, the theme will be free to those five lucky beta testers.

Your OS must be 4.6.1
    Phone is a Blackberry Curve 8900

Features for this Beta : 1.2.9
    Bottom dock slide up when trackball slides down.
    Font placed under buttons.

There is a lot of work to this theme so I hope I have you for a long hall. I would hope if you are the beta tester, you continue to look at this thread, if not subscribe to it to get the latest updates.

The first five who add me to their Blackberry Pin and introduce them selfs as a beta test, will receive the OTA link via BBM.

My pin can be found in my signature for under my name.

I would like you to download it and post suggestions here.
    11-02-09 02:25 PM
    Just sent you an invite... Would love to test this for you...
    11-02-09 02:30 PM
    Working nicely - all good. Better that you've left the menu's and icon scrren as stock IMO, so that works for me. Will have aplay around and post later :-).

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    11-02-09 03:37 PM

BETA 1.3.0 Includes

+ Moved the status text (still trying to find a spot for it).
    + Removed black header and moved around time, date, etc.
    + 'Removed' network and carrier from header.
    + Added a background to the icons.

To my beta Testers, Please redownload the link I sent you to and override the one you currently have. It will have you to reboot your Berry - Do so.

I currently have two testers. I have 2 who sent me messages but didn't send me a friend request. I am not counting you until you do.
    Last edited by b15ginz; 11-02-09 at 03:48 PM.
    11-02-09 03:45 PM
    Hey bud just sent you a BBM req.
    11-02-09 03:51 PM
    I don't have a bb data plan, so I can't really add you to bbm. But I would love to test this out for you!!!

11-02-09 04:03 PM
    sent you a pin request i would love to beta test 8900 5.0
    11-02-09 04:23 PM
    1.3.1 is out, but is completely effed up. Beta testers could test if they want. lol
    11-02-09 04:37 PM
    v1.3.4 is out.

Up for grabs is one more beta tester.
    11-02-09 05:14 PM
    .5 is out.

+Fixed slider
    +Fixed Font
    11-02-09 05:26 PM
    1.5.3.7 is up. Updating the information font.
    11-02-09 06:07 PM
    1.3.5.8 done.

Status text complete and put into place.

Working on custom Profile icon with battery and wifi stuff.

Here is my idea for that.

Yellow will be WIFI or signal (depends if your WIFI is on) and red is battery. Each red spot is 10%
    Last edited by b15ginz; 11-02-09 at 07:54 PM.
    11-02-09 06:54 PM
    1.4.0 is out

+ finished the battery icon
    + finished the wifi icon
    + finished the signal icon
    Last edited by b15ginz; 11-02-09 at 07:54 PM.
    11-02-09 07:52 PM
    No more beta testers needed.
    11-02-09 08:03 PM
    1.4.0.1 now up.

Moved bluetooth and WIFI icons to the top left.
    11-02-09 08:09 PM
    Do you guys like the background? I am not sure if I am feeling it with the batt and signal meters.

Maybe a carbon fiber background. Any thoughts?
    11-02-09 08:20 PM
    V1.5 is out.

+ Changed the look of the center image that houses the profiles icon. It has more of a futuristic look.

I do plan on changing the yellow and red signals to make them look for 'steal' like
    11-02-09 10:43 PM
    Ok got the new ver (just got up - UK).
    Couple of points:
    * Like the meters/profiles but not in the middle of the screen. Seems to me a hidden dock is to display more of the wallpaper when not using icons, so sticking that in the middle kind of defeats the object IMO.
    * On icon/app screen, the voicemail and wifi indicators overlap when both are displayed.
    * On icon/app screen there is a couple of white pixels showing on the top right (banner area where the signal meter traditionally is.
    * Scrolling along the dock on homescreen causes a ripple/wobble effect on the whole dock. Not really noticab le on a slow icon to icon scroll, more when you move from one end to the other quickly.
    Thanks

11-03-09 12:18 AM
    Ok got the new ver (just got up - UK).
    Couple of points:
    * Like the meters/profiles but not in the middle of the screen. Seems to me a hidden dock is to display more of the wallpaper when not using icons, so sticking that in the middle kind of defeats the object IMO.
    I do agree with you. I do believe, since that background in minimal...it looks good. The hidden dock is a feature added.

It almost throws the bottom dock off, quite a bit. that is why I was thinking maybe scratch the background image and leave that there... Maybe a carbon fiber, or leather type background... or maybe abstract.

* On icon/app screen, the voicemail and wifi indicators overlap when both are displayed.
    I did notice this also, but havent dealt with it. An easy fix - thanks fo letting me know.

* On icon/app screen there is a couple of white pixels showing on the top right (banner area where the signal meter traditionally is.
    That is there because I removed the network and carrier words. I have to change the color of the font and it will go away.

* Scrolling along the dock on homescreen causes a ripple/wobble effect on the whole dock. Not really noticab le on a slow icon to icon scroll, more when you move from one end to the other quickly.
    Thanks

I noticed that too but have yet to figure out why.

All in all, thanks for your feedback and I will play around with it more.
    Last edited by b15ginz; 11-03-09 at 12:27 AM.
    11-03-09 12:25 AM

11-03-09 12:30 AM
    Opps. Seems you adreessed all the points while I was posting the (now redundant) screenshot ;-)

11-03-09 12:31 AM
    No worries. It's like that because you have two items you haven't taken care of. If you listen to your VM, it wont be overlapping. I will make sure to move the WIFI signal.
    11-03-09 12:33 AM
    Looks like everything was metioned that I was going to say! Great theme
    11-03-09 06:14 AM
    Okay I am agreeing that the center piece is nice BUT does take away from the wallpaper. Also when lock screen is up try to move the center piece. IDK just a thought.....
    11-03-09 09:20 AM
    The lock screen is going to be different. If I do keep the this background, it will have the top, and the bottom will have two other peices with smoke.

Like so

or

11-03-09 10:54 AM
55 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD