All Themes from BerryThemes are guaranteed not to "lag" up your phone with complicated and "glitchy" animations that render your phone almost completely useless. Dark Essence is not an exception. A dark and elegant theme meant for people with class who enjoy style and features, but also require their phone to actually function!

Features:

* 5 User Selectable Application icons and "hidden" Today area
    * % Battery Meter (0% , 10%, 20%, Etc)
    * Customized Signal Strength Icon
    * 3 Static Secondary Application Icons (Connections/Options/Sounds)
    * Customized Dialog and Menu Backgrounds
    * Textured Buttons and 100% Custom Icons Created By Yours Truly!
    * Guaranteed not to lag or cause your phone to act sluggish

See more screenshots or get it here:

8900 (Javelin) Version
    Last edited by aflansburg; 10-20-09 at 09:02 PM. Reason: New Update
    10-16-09 03:56 PM
    Really nice theme, and one of the fastest I've ever used. There's no noticeable lag at all.

I did find a few issues though.

The text for the message and calender previews stays on when you navigate down to the connect bar. It only goes away when you move to the next icon or bar. Also, I find having the media and browser tabs instead of connect and options would be more useful.

The other thing that's disconcerting is the black font against a black background, only readable by a blue highlight bar--on the Profile and Quicklaunch menu, for example. I prefer to see all the apps I have listed on the menu.

The little new/unread message indicators are not on the main screen or call screen, only on the home screen. is it possible to include them on the other screens as well?

I hope these issues can be addressed as I'd really like to be able to use the theme. Otherwise it's another 4 dollars down the drain. I like the design a lot, and its zippyness. Nice work!
    Last edited by zaqer; 10-17-09 at 11:16 AM. Reason: typos
    10-17-09 11:14 AM
    Really nice theme, and one of the fastest I've ever used. There's no noticeable lag at all.

I did find a few issues though.

The text for the message and calender previews stays on when you navigate down to the connect bar. It only goes away when you move to the next icon or bar. Also, I find having the media and browser tabs instead of connect and options would be more useful.

The other thing that's disconcerting is the black font against a black background, only readable by a blue highlight bar--on the Profile and Quicklaunch menu, for example. I prefer to see all the apps I have listed on the menu.

The little new/unread message indicators are not on the main screen or call screen, only on the home screen. is it possible to include them on the other screens as well?

I hope these issues can be addressed as I'd really like to be able to use the theme. Otherwise it's another 4 dollars down the drain. I like the design a lot, and its zippyness. Nice work!
    I've been working on what you are talking about exactly. I am having trouble identifying the cause of the black font against the background on the profiles menu. I will most likely release another version of the theme with media and browser static buttons (have received a lot of the same feedback). Thanks for the hint!
    10-17-09 12:57 PM
    Yeah the issue of Quicklaunch background makes some themes pretty useless imo. I don't seem to ever be able to change the background of the QL menu, only the color of the font. I can't seen to change the color of the highlighter bar either.
    10-17-09 01:04 PM
    I've been working on what you are talking about exactly. I am having trouble identifying the cause of the black font against the background on the profiles menu. I will most likely release another version of the theme with media and browser static buttons (have received a lot of the same feedback). Thanks for the hint!
    That would be awesome. Will look forward to it. Thanks!
    10-17-09 05:18 PM
    look for an update early this week - new wallpaper - different static button icons (media/browser/profiles as opposed to connect/options/profiles)

should have something late monday/early tuesday

probably will release as an entirely separate theme
    10-18-09 03:13 PM
    Is the update still on for sometime tonight?
    10-20-09 07:32 PM
    almost done! give me about half an hour
    10-20-09 08:27 PM
    Upgrade is live! The main thread post has been updated with new images. Fixed the wallpaper issue many mentioned, fixed the black text on black background issue, tweaked the sub-app launch bar a bit, and changed the unread icons. Let me know! If you've purchased this already you should be able to go get the upgrade for free once you log in to the store. If you have trouble. Send me a msg!
    10-20-09 09:04 PM
    The new version rocks. The only thing I noticed is that the calendar and message previews still linger when you navigate from the top icons straight to the bottom tabs. But it's no biggie, really.

I would prefer the browser tab instead of options, but that's because I use keyboard shortcuts. Again, no biggie. One of the features I love when I first got the theme is the different colors on the tabs when highlighted. Now, it'd be perfect if you could make the tabs user configurable as well. ;-)

Thanks again. Appreciate your effort and in taking care of the issues.

Also...Funny how I was just thinking that 5 tabs would be nice to have on Dark Essence, and then I saw your new theme.
    10-20-09 11:50 PM
    thanks a new version update may be available soon
    10-29-09 02:04 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD