Hi all,
    About a week ago I posted a couple of screen shots of my BB theme and a few people asked me to post a link.

Well, after a couple of tweaks, here it is...

The "in call" & "device locked" screens are plain black with no BB logo.

The backings have been removed from all of the buttons to give the screens a sleek look, and the bottom dock is fully customisable based on the order of your icons on the home screen.

Here is a link to the OTA install:
    OTA LINK

Here is a link to a zipped folder with the desktop install in it:
    DESK TOP INSTALL

If you would like me to customise any aspect of the theme, or you would like me to create this theme for a device other than the 8900, please let me know.
    I am more than happy to do this in exchange for a small donation (how much is up to you) as I made this theme for my 8900 and not for commercial gain.
    I promise that 100% of any donations made will go to a charity that I do a lot of work for.

Hope you enjoy.

Gaz
    08-16-09 12:02 PM
    If anyone does download this, I would really like to know what you think and how it works
    08-16-09 01:51 PM
    If anyone does download this, I would really like to know what you think and how it works
    This theme is awesome..... Thank you!!!! Is there anyway to change the calender icon? I would like to put my weather app there. Thanks again.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-16-09 03:28 PM
    This theme is awesome..... Thank you!!!! Is there anyway to change the calender icon? I would like to put my weather app there. Thanks again.
    Hi,
    Glad you like it.
    I don't think I can change the calendar icon it's self, but I can add another icon above it to be used as a weather app icon.

I don't use a bespoke weather app my self so this would be of no use to me.
    I am happy to make it for you in return for a small donation.
    08-16-09 04:03 PM
    Nice Theme Slvrbck i saw this from your thread on your perfect 8900 , good work man!
    08-16-09 05:56 PM
    give me a weather icon next to profiles, kill the today and add a hidden today and I will throw you some change
    08-16-09 06:27 PM
    give me a weather icon next to profiles, kill the today and add a hidden today and I will throw you some change
    Learn how to ask for things politely and I may not tell you to sod off and build your own theme.

In all seriousness, I'm not making themes for a living, or even a side income, I am a full time photographer and busy enough as it is.
    If you want a "tweak" to this theme, I'm happy to help but what your asking for is a different theme!
    08-16-09 06:34 PM
    Hi all,
    About a week ago I posted a couple of screen shots of my BB theme and a few people asked me to post a link.

Well, after a couple of tweaks, here it is...

The "in call" & "device locked" screens are plain black with no BB logo.

The backings have been removed from all of the buttons to give the screens a sleek look, and the bottom dock is fully customisable based on the order of your icons on the home screen.

Here is a link to the OTA install:
    OTA LINK

Here is a link to a zipped folder with the desktop install in it:
    DESK TOP INSTALL

If you would like me to customise any aspect of the theme, or you would like me to create this theme for a device other than the 8900, please let me know.
    I am more than happy to do this in exchange for a small donation (how much is up to you)
    as I made this theme for my 8900 and not for commercial gain.
    I promise that 100% of any donations made will go to a charity that I do a lot of work for.

Hope you enjoy.

Gaz
    Sorry I must have mistaken what you said.
    08-16-09 07:06 PM
    Indeed you did.
    I think where you went wrong is thinking that "customise any part of the theme" translated to "fundamentaly redesign the theme".
    But let's not split hairs ,,,
    Last edited by Reed McLay; 08-16-09 at 10:34 PM. Reason: content
    08-16-09 07:35 PM
    Indeed you did.
    I think where you went wrong is thinking that "customise any part of the theme" translated to "fundamentaly redesign the theme".
    But let's not split hairs ...
    Well Gaz after I read your response to kudvu002 and also considering I have a special needs child. I will not send you cash to customize this theme as a matter of fact I am going to delete this theme. Also customize is with a "z" not an "s" get it right!

Last edited by Reed McLay; 08-16-09 at 10:34 PM. Reason: content
    08-16-09 08:31 PM
    Hi mcaz05,
    My comment was obviously not intended to offend anyone and more to highlight the futility of getting into this kind of debate over the internet.

For what it's worth, the charity that I have mentioned in the previous post is the UK Down's Syndrome Association.
    The reason I help is that my youngest brother has Down Syndrome, I also find that making light of the situation helps me and my family when things are particularly hard. I do however appreciate that this isn't the case for all people and so my comments could be construed as poking fun at the less fortunate.

By the way, customise is spelt with a "z" if you are in the USA, here in the UK (birth place of the modern English language) it is spelt with an "s".

Forgive the sarcasm, I just couldn't resist.
    08-17-09 12:55 PM
    i love this theme
    08-17-09 07:16 PM
    Glad you like

08-18-09 12:12 AM
    Cool theme. Good job.

And yes, customise or customize is the same. I try to spell with a "z" here because there are mostly forumers from US although I uses uk english in singapore but its the same!

Anyway, keep the themes coming Slvrbck

08-18-09 01:56 PM
    One of the best theme I ever used. Tnks from italy.
    08-18-09 02:25 PM
    Can someone explain to me how download these to my phone in laymans terms? Do I use the desktop manager or can I do it right from the browser on my phone. Thanks so much.
    08-18-09 08:33 PM
    Hi Joliver,
    You have 2 choices really.
    If you are in front of a pc with Blackberry desktop manager installed, you can use the link I provided and download the theme to you PC.
    That's the way I like to do it because then you have a backup of the theme if you ever need it.

You can however use the other link I provided and install the theme directly from your BB browser.

Thanks everyone else for you feedback, glad you like the theme.

I am working on a new version at the moment that will have space for a weather icon in the title bar as well as a few other changes.

08-19-09 05:08 AM
    Hi,

This theme looks great. Can you tell me if thw wallpaper can be changed at all, and I assume from the previous posts that the today section is not hidden.

Thanks for your time.
    08-19-09 07:46 AM
    Hi,

Thanks for the theme, it's exactly what I wanted.

Thanks for the download help too. I'm new to this, so get really annoyed when people respond to my questions as if I'm an *****! We all have to start somewhere (some people seem to forget they weren't born knowing this stuff!). You were clear, concise, and friendly, and for that I thank you.

SirMoose
    08-19-09 08:14 AM
    Hi tct,
    I am aware of a problem that happens when you change the theme wallpaper and it is something that I am going to fix in version 2.
    Version 2 should be ready later today so I will let you know and if you don't mind testing it, that would be a huge help.
    No the Today section isn't hidden.

Hi SirMoose,
    Glad I could help.
    I love it when people talk to me like I am stupid, it helps me to remember that when I know a bit more than someone else, I should try and help them.
    That way that don't think that I am a tool like the idots that talk to people like crap.

I'm not a BB genius, but drop me a pm if you need anything else, if I can help, I will.

08-19-09 10:45 AM
    Looking forward to that. Is it a great pain to make the calendar entries hidden? I only ask this as there seem little point in having a customisable wallpaper if it's always covered in text.

I have no idea what's involved so feel free to tell me to sod off if I'm after "the moon on a stick".

I love the idea of this theme.
    08-19-09 10:55 AM
    I don't think its a lot of work once you know how.
    I'm new to building themes so I am learning as I go but I do have a tutorial on how to do this.

I will be having a go soon but probably not for the version that I will have ready for tonigh.

08-19-09 11:03 AM
    Cool. Keep me posted, and good luck with this!
    08-19-09 11:05 AM
    Ok folks, here is the updated version with a weather app icon and a couple of bug fixes:

http://forums.crackberry.com/f129/ne...r-icon-297332/
    08-19-09 02:54 PM
    I'm so glad i found this theme, thank you. It's exactly what i've been looking for, for ages!
    Like a previous post, please tell me to get stuffed if it is not possible (i downloaded plazmic the other day to try it out and gave up cos i couldn't cope!) but is it possible for the today section to pull information from all calendars on a device?

I ask because at the moment the today screen shows details from the calendar that is set as default in 'Default services', but i also have other events in my calendar from facebook, and it would be great if these could be displayed on the today screen as well.

Thanks again, and keep up the great work

Zeb
    08-21-09 12:26 PM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD