I really like how my fave 5 icons show on the main screen with this theme, but I wish I could scroll through 10 or 12 icons on the dock. I also wish I had access to the "manage my connections" on the main page. Is this something someone could make?
    02-27-09 06:42 PM
    I made something kinda like what you described.

profiles in the banner is fixed, the calendar with 3 entries is fixed, as are the options and manage connections in the lower right corner- all other (big) icons are user definable.

pm me for the .jad or .alx file.
    03-06-09 01:41 AM
    How does one go about obtaining the source files for the precission T-mobile theme before they dare venture on the escapade of attempting to modify it?

I like what you've done, and it's extremely similar to what I'm looking for. I want everything exactly the way it is in the precission T-mobile theme, except I want an extra three of the large icons to show on the right top corner, and the calendar where you have it right now. So basically instead of having the SMS icon where you have it now, have it on the right side with two more icons, and instead of the two small icons you have in the bottom right corner (which I totally see the appeal for), have just the regular 6th icon of the precission theme.
    03-07-09 11:35 AM
    How did you make the two right most icons in bottom smaller than the rest?
    03-07-09 05:05 PM
    How does one go about obtaining the source files for the precission T-mobile theme before they dare venture on the escapade of attempting to modify it?

I like what you've done, and it's extremely similar to what I'm looking for. I want everything exactly the way it is in the precission T-mobile theme, except I want an extra three of the large icons to show on the right top corner, and the calendar where you have it right now. So basically instead of having the SMS icon where you have it now, have it on the right side with two more icons, and instead of the two small icons you have in the bottom right corner (which I totally see the appeal for), have just the regular 6th icon of the precission theme.
    something like this?
    03-07-09 10:04 PM
    Oh man that looks good.

Although, seeing that three icons wont fit to the side, maybe then just put them all next to each other in the top right corner? And perhaps remove the grey (caret) under "calendar"?

By the way, was this done on CDK 4.7? I've already started exploring the whole theme creation thing and I suppose 4.7 is the only version that can create themes compatible with the curve 8900.

Thanks for your reply.
    03-07-09 10:16 PM
    btw, I'm still curious about how you made the two icons smaller than the rest. You created smaller image files for them? Is that why they're fixed and cannot follow the order in the applications menu?
    03-07-09 10:19 PM
    Oh man that looks good.

Although, seeing that three icons wont fit to the side, maybe then just put them all next to each other in the top right corner? And perhaps remove the grey (caret) under "calendar"?

By the way, was this done on CDK 4.7? I've already started exploring the whole theme creation thing and I suppose 4.7 is the only version that can create themes compatible with the curve 8900.

Thanks for your reply.
    the carat is only there on this screenshot to show what it would look like while highlighted.

I did use 4.7

I'll email you the .cod and .alx file for install- pm me your address
    03-07-09 10:25 PM
    Thank you!

[edit: removed "sir"]
    03-07-09 10:31 PM
    btw, I'm still curious about how you made the two icons smaller than the rest. You created smaller image files for them? Is that why they're fixed and cannot follow the order in the applications menu?
    if you make a custom theme, you have the choice of today or zen icons

today icons are smaller and can usually have entries- like the calendar in this theme.. I set the font to 1 and change the carat so there's no horizontal highlight

the zen icons- you have the option to set those to "use device application order" which you do from your full icon screen, so those can be changed at any time.

the b***ch of it- making sure the scrolling works properly.
    Last edited by solace.discord; 03-07-09 at 11:02 PM.
    03-07-09 10:32 PM
    Ah, neat trick
    03-07-09 10:47 PM
    I made something kinda like what you described.

profiles in the banner is fixed, the calendar with 3 entries is fixed, as are the options and manage connections in the lower right corner- all other (big) icons are user definable.

pm me for the .jad or .alx file.

This is great. I love the two smaller icons for options and MC, only thing im not a fan of today themes, any chance in making this theme a zen "L" putting an extra icon in instead of the calendar entries?
    03-08-09 11:10 AM
    This is great. I love the two smaller icons for options and MC, only thing im not a fan of today themes, any chance in making this theme a zen "L" putting an extra icon in instead of the calendar entries?
    absolutely!

PM me your email addy and I'll send the files
    03-08-09 11:13 AM
    So here's what I came up with. I basically created two columns of small icons to the right side, which freed some space for my favorite icons in the bottom. I also floated the weather icon in the top left, and moved the calendar a bit towards the center.

Thanks for teaching me that neat trick with the icons.
    03-08-09 12:23 PM
    So here's what I came up with. I basically created two columns of small icons to the right side, which freed some space for my favorite icons in the bottom. I also floated the weather icon in the top left, and moved the calendar a bit towards the center.

Thanks for teaching me that neat trick with the icons.
    that's pretty freakin slick!
    03-08-09 12:26 PM
    Haha thank you! I've done a lot of designing in my life, so that concept/layout part came pretty easy to me. Of course, your help allowed me to learn how to do it and get it done in a day!
    03-08-09 12:27 PM
    Haha thank you! I've done a lot of designing in my life, so that concept/layout part came pretty easy to me. Of course, your help allowed me to learn how to do it and get it done in a day!
    I'm curious how you set the scrolling in the right hand double-column...
    03-08-09 12:33 PM
    absolutely!

PM me your email addy and I'll send the files
    Thanks for the theme thats exatcly what I was looking for, except the extra icon u added is "bluetooth setup" and isnt custumizable
    03-08-09 12:59 PM
    Thanks for the theme thats exatcly what I was looking for, except the extra icon u added is "bluetooth setup" and isnt custumizable
    whoops! forgot a checkbox!

I'll fix it and resend the files.. sorry!
    03-08-09 01:06 PM
    I'm curious how you set the scrolling in the right hand double-column...
    The ones in the right column connect left to the icons next to them or up and down. The lowermost ones go down to the facebook icon, and the upper most ones go up to the profiles icon. The ones in the left column connect right or up down in the same way, and they all go left to the calendar, except for the top one, it goes left to the weather icon.

It navigates very intuitively and naturally.
    03-08-09 01:07 PM
    The ones in the right column connect left to the icons next to them or up and down. The lowermost ones go down to the facebook icon, and the upper most ones go up to the profiles icon. The ones in the left column connect right or up down in the same way, and they all go left to the calendar, except for the top one, it goes left to the weather icon.

It navigates very intuitively and naturally.
    sweet! and good for you to have the patience and diligence to set all that up!
    I've avoided it for the time being- still stuck on the icon re-sizing!
    03-08-09 01:10 PM
    It didn't take me much to set it up really. I just planned it out in my head then took me about 15 mins to set it all up.

By the way, why do you want to resize them? Wont the little trick do? Would they be too small for your purposes? I'm curious about what you're trying to do.

What photo editor are you using to resize?
    03-08-09 01:20 PM
    whoops! forgot a checkbox!

I'll fix it and resend the files.. sorry!
    Perfect!! Thanks very much.
    03-08-09 01:25 PM
    By the way, why do you want to resize them? Wont the little trick do? Would they be too small for your purposes? I'm curious about what you're trying to do.

What photo editor are you using to resize?
    lol all I have is MS Paint and MS Photo Premium 10

honestly, the small icons (40x40) are too small, and I don't want all of them fixed. I just reloaded my hidden-today-tree theme with the tab off and focus at 70x70- it serves my goal better..
    03-08-09 01:31 PM
    Perfect!! Thanks very much.
    you're welcome!
    03-08-09 01:32 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD