Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thanks very much Chaz0717...
    CrackBerry Newbie

I recently dropped my Bold 9000 in my sink. The minute it happened I dried my phone off, took it apart, and it's sitting on my table since. The Water Damage sticker inside the phone is completely white, but on my battery there's a only a bit of pink on one side. My phone only had two stickers for water damage I believe, I just want to know that if I let my battery hang out a little bit if it'll be okay. Again, the battery just has a little pink on one side, and the phone itself has no trace of water.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    PIN
    TO Pony for sale...part Arab

Quote Originally Posted by xmerabix View Post
    whats it to you if he/she gets caught... your so rude! get a life
    Ummm....well....everybody actually has to pay for a fraud. Assuming that because a big evil company was involved, they would automatically just eat the cost passing it down the line to the lowest common denominator (consumers).

Welcome to commerce.
    CrackBerry Newbie

hello what if both labels were red what actions should i take?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by RLP06 View Post
    That's standard
    i dont think that the pink line is a standard at all. Mine is completely white both on the battery and on the phone. I think the WDI contains some sort of a strip of sulphate that changes color even with the slightest contact with water and it spreads across with a blurry texture if excess of water comes in contact. I think mine is still white because its still new but over time the pink line appears due to the moisture in the air such as when exiting an air conditioned room and coming in contact with humid air outside.
    "Wealth is like water; you can channel it or you can drink it, but you cant keep it in forever"
    "In a world of conservatism, I conserve my freedom"
    "In Gaia, we believe"

CLEAN WATER SOLUTIONS

T.Z.M
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by RLP06 View Post
    That's standard
    i dont think that the pink line is a standard at all. Mine is completely white both on the battery and on the phone. I think the WDI contains some sort of a strip of sulfate that changes color even with the slightest contact with water and it spreads across with a blurry texture, either from the point of contact and/or the center line,if excess of water comes in contact.

Mine is still white because I just recently got it, but over time the pink line will appears due to the condensation of moisture in the air such as when exiting an air conditioned room and coming in contact with humid air outside. At that point the best solution is to make sure your phone is in your pocket or in a pouch when you get out.
    Last edited by bushako; 08-16-2010 at 05:23 AM.
    "Wealth is like water; you can channel it or you can drink it, but you cant keep it in forever"
    "In Gaia, we believe"

CLEAN WATER SOLUTIONS

T.Z.M
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by bryant248 View Post
    If the strip inside the phone is red do you think I could white it out and they wouldn't notice? I guess I would have to do a really good job whiting it out though
    Nope you cant whiten it because the color changes due to a chemical reaction within the sticker. You could however, cut a strip of ordinary white sticker and just replace it. Its not like theyre going to test the sticker lol.
    "In Gaia, we believe"

CLEAN WATER SOLUTIONS

T.Z.M
    CrackBerry Newbie

My battery indicator is completely white, no lines through the center or anything. It is good correct?
    CrackBerry Newbie

Global Posts
    8 Global Posts

Ok Well I did soak my battery or my phone in anything but i was out shoveling and my 8900 fell . a bit of water came into the keys so i tried typing and when i pressed 1 letter abunch of other letters came up so i couldnt unlock my phone . I took out the battery and put it back in and the same thing happened

Then after that the next day nothing worked . the line on my battery is all pink and on my phone is a dark red and pink . what should i do and i don't have insurance . its been 2weeks since this happened
    CrackBerry Newbie

I need help real bad!
    I went away for a weekend and my blackberry curve 8900 was in the same bag as my toiletries, when I emptied my bag I realised that my shampoo had leaked just a tiny bit but some had gone into the chager port of my phone My phone was still on and working perfectly normal until a about 2 weeks later my phone died and I wernt able to get a charger until the next morning.. So I put it on charge and nothing happened, no red light nothing! I then took it to carphone warehouse and they took it in for repair, they called me into the store to say my blackberry had liquid damage.. But both water damage indicator on my device and battery are still white and do not have a bit of pink showing? I did not let it dry out as I said it worked perfectly fine after? What can I do now? I was thinking about taking it apart with a T6 screw driver to see if I can maybe clean around my charger port?
    Please post a reply, I really need somebody's help!!
    CrackBerry User

Have alook on youtube,how to dismantle your model,you might find a solution
    CrackBerry Newbie

My blackberry does not have a red line through the sticker, it is completely white... What does this mean???
    CrackBerry Newbie

HI there,

If my WDI Stickers are both totally white is there still a possibility that the phone has water damage? Its still under warranty but my service provider refuse to repair it as they say its water damaged, even after confirming the WDI's are white... Possible?
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,964 Global Posts

Yes. Water damage can be present in the device even if the water damage indicators are still white.

How is it that you have an 8900 that's still under warranty? (Since you posted in a thread about the 8900?)
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123