Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default water in/behind the screen, water marks when it starts up

just what the title said. i recently reapplied my bse screen protector and i guess i used to much of the liquid and it went in/behind the screen. so now whenever i start it up, there are water marks. when i press on the screen, the water moves around. just wondering how i can remedy this. i hope i dont need to get a new 8900 cause that would be a total bummer. any help would be very much appreciated. thanks!
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

I have seen on several posts to put your phone in a bag of rice for a day or overnight. The rice will draw moisture out of your phone. Let me know if it works! Bummer on the extra liquid.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

sadly, no rice. haha even though im asian we dont have rice at the house currently because we're doing a complete renovation. so thats out of the question. i tried blowdrying it but it didnt work
    CrackBerry Genius

Global Posts
    2,243 Global Posts

Well that is the only thing I could find that covers the drying the device out. Maybe someone else might have another trick. Good luck.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    306F5965

Bread can work as well sometimes. I am very sad to hear this poor poor LCD.
    Professional Theme Designer |+| E3 Blackberry Technician Lead
    FOLLOW ME ON TWITTER - Humor / Sexy / All Out Fun
    Need Immediate Help? Feel free to PM or PIN me.
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

i'd rather replace the lcd than go through tmobiles ridiculous phone insurance. dang no bread either :/ anything non food-related? haha
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Take the battery out of the device ASAP and then submerge the phone in a bowl of rice. If you do not have rice currently then GO BUY SOME!!! LOL, seriously. After a few days in the rice, put your battery back in and see if the phone is working like normal. That water can very easily damage your phone and render it a pain to use at best and useless at worst.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    687 Global Posts
    PIN
    DROP SILENCE

Yeah... go get some rice asap. This sounds serious. The water may seep inside and damage the phone.

Non food alternative is silica gel( those small dehumidifier pouches that are accompanied normally in electronic item packages).
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #9  

Just woke up and I'm on my way to the store to buy rice.I hope it's not too late to dry it out :/

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

I had the same thing happen to me earlier... I just left the phone inside a bag of rice with the battery out for like 3 to 4 days and my berry recovered.

I am currently posting from that phone which had water underneath the screen and it works perfectly fine.

BTW here is the link to the post I posted earlier Hopefully it helps you
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/he...76/index2.html

CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #11  

Thanks for the link man. So I turned on my 8900 once last night to see the progress and I don't think there's any water left in there but there are lots of streaks and water marks. Should I replace the lcd? And no I'm not posting from my bb, I'm posting from my iphone lol

CrackBerry Newbie

I did the same thing to mine just yesterday

damankam786 does yours have any streaks or water marks left at all on the screen?
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #13  

so i started using the phone again and theres permanent water marks. i called up tmobile and theyre sending me a replacement 8900 next week :]

Global Posts
    13,015 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by reflux View Post
    so i started using the phone again and theres permanent water marks. i called up tmobile and theyre sending me a replacement 8900 next week :]
    Wow, that is amazing... T-Mobile replacing a Water Damaged device... are you using their insurance???

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Wow, that is amazing... T-Mobile replacing a Water Damaged device... are you using their insurance???
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. I would be worried that when they receive the damaged phone, they will end up charging you for the full replacement price.
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by reflux View Post
    sadly, no rice. haha even though im asian we dont have rice at the house currently because we're doing a complete renovation. so thats out of the question. i tried blowdrying it but it didnt work

RICE IS SO EXPENSIVE!
    Lovin the STORM 2

Global Posts
    6,007 Global Posts
    PIN
    You say potato, I say vodka.

You don't have rice at home... so why can't you just buy a $5.00 bag of rice?

It's not like your going to reuse it anyway...
    "The Philosopher has never killed any Priests, whereas the Priest has killed a great many Philosophers."
    -Denis Diderot
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #18  

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by aristile View Post
    I was just thinking the exact same thing. I would be worried that when they receive the damaged phone, they will end up charging you for the full replacement price.
    yeah had to pay a little bit to get the replacement but it was no biggie. im not sure if im ready to take the 8900 apart to replace the lcd
    CrackBerry User

Thread AuthorThread Author   #19  

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxpradaxxxx View Post
    You don't have rice at home... so why can't you just buy a $5.00 bag of rice?

It's not like your going to reuse it anyway...
    thats exactly what i did and it left water marks :/
    CrackBerry Newbie

Talking

I let mine dry out in my car since it was pretty sunny and about 80 degrees yesterday and it worked!! No streaks or stains whatsoever.
    CrackBerry Newbie

So I dropped my phone in the snow and I turned my phone on and there is a watermark and I don't know what to do. But my phone works perfectly fine.