Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default HELP - Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(183)

A little help??? I just got this message:

Uncaught exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(183) is not responding process terminated.

I have the regular mail folder showing but lost my individual mail icons representing each mailbox. I have done a battery pull and it is still coming up. I am also showing at the top that I have new messages but I am unable to get them? (nor can i retrieve them from the main mail folder icon)

Any ideas? I am on T-Mobile and running the original OS (.114)

Thanks!
    Last edited by 00drew; 08-20-2009 at 05:12 PM. Reason: rename
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Third Party Theme Problem, check the link in my signature.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

I have never downloaded or used a 3rd party theme. I did follow the instructions and switched to the other provided theme and I still have the problem. I will be updating the software hopefully this will work. Thanks for the idea.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Default Is there a fix for theme problem?

Quote Originally Posted by aristile View Post
    Third Party Theme Problem, check the link in my signature.
    According to your link, it appears I'm getting "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(505) is not responding. Process terminated" because of a custom theme I installed. Am I understanding that I have to delete the theme to solve the problem. (I like the theme, I paid for the theme, I'd like to keep using the theme). Is there a workaround?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Quote Originally Posted by improvrsvp View Post
    According to your link, it appears I'm getting "Uncaught Exception: Application net_rim_bb_messaging_app(505) is not responding. Process terminated" because of a custom theme I installed. Am I understanding that I have to delete the theme to solve the problem. (I like the theme, I paid for the theme, I'd like to keep using the theme). Is there a workaround?
    Thanks for bumping a 2yr old thread so I could remember to unsubscribe from it.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

I'm having the same problem. Ever since wiping the phone after a reboot loop following the installation of the latest Twitter app, I've been having all kinds of problems...

EDIT: Mine turned out to be due to the sheer volume of posts. Once I deleted some of them one at a time, the "Delete Prior" function worked again.
    Last edited by AdmiralSirJohn; 02-14-2012 at 09:15 AM.
    Please visit Admiral Sir John's Readyroom
    http://asjreadyroom.blogspot.com