Unable to upgrade to OS5
01-23-13 07:25 AM
- I have a BBcurve 8900. the current software is v126.96.36.1990 (platform 188.8.131.52).
I spend the whole day trying to upgrade to OS 5 but no luck.
I backed up my file, wiped the device . then I installed os5 on my pc. Deleted the vendor file . Connected my device to my pc and clicked on loader.exe.
The only application I get at the device application selection is BBApp world.
I don't know what else I can do.
My PC is windows XP and when I run the loader.exe i double click on it.
please help10-02-12 03:06 PM
- Since you are deleting vendor file indicates you are not using an official released by your carrier.
Is it because you checked already and found no release by them of Os 5 for your device?
If you havnt maybe check and if they do have os5 for your device then desktop manager to load the os on your phone. And you won't need to delete vendor file.
Maybe you will have more luck this way getting os5 on the phone. Because I'm thinking chances they may have since os5 has been out for awhile. Desktop manager shouldn't give you hassles this way.
Last edited by f0xx386; 10-02-12 at 04:11 PM.10-02-12 04:07 PM
- Ok what I'm about tell you is risky and you can decide to proceed or not.
1. Download os 4 from your carrier that you had and install on your pc.
2.Once done connect your phone open desktop manager it should now be ever willing to install it your phone.
3. Do not install it. Now navigate to program files on pc hard drive.
How do I find program files: click on start---->my computer---> c: drive.
Once you found program files open it.....find "common files"----> next find "research in motion folder" -----> next find "shared" folder" ....open this folder and finally open "loader files" folder.
In this folder you should see the os 4 installed.....now open this folder and delte all its contents.
Now install os 5 or it should already be in your loader files folder since installed it already.
Open os 5 and highlight all its contents right click and copy.
Now open os 4 folder and paste os 5 in there...once all is copied, exit.
Open desktop manager and update your phone.....although it would appear its loading os 4 when your phone boots ...(NB: after news os install 1st boot can be 30min) os 5 should greet you.10-02-12 04:55 PM
- I wiped my device and then I get the error 507 .
I double click loader.exe and i get this message:
"The blackberry desktop software does not have black berry device software for the device you have connected to your computer.Contact your wireless provider or system admin"10-03-12 09:05 AM
- That means that you have to download the OS from the blackberry website for your carrier e.g Vodafone , Orange etc. and install it, then you can choose what apps you want to add , then it will install the new os on your phone.
Good Luck and post your result afterwards12-13-12 03:00 PM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 8900
Unable to upgrade to OS5
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD