CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Trackball problem?

For the first time today, the trackball didn't want to recognize right-movement. It felt like it wasn't touching anything inside the device... so I would move my finger in the right-direction over the ball, and it was just 100% smoothly moving right without registering it as a movement.

If I pressed down harder when moving it, it would start feeling like it was "catching" the right stuff, and it would move...

Anyone else notice any problems with the ball becoming loose or not responding?

Thanks
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

First, don't eat pizza or greasy hamburgers before using the 8900!!!

Second, don't panic... wash your hands with soap... keep working the trackball, up, down, left and right... repeat until it starts working... it will work... I hope... mine did!!!
    CrackBerry User

Mine occasionally does the same thing, only when trying to scroll up. Working the trackball up and down a few times has fixed the issue each time.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    283C6FEF

Mine has done it a couple of times when I scroll right but I just kept trying and it seems to be working just fine now.
    *Live everyday as if it were your last!*

Follow me!-->> http://twitter.com/angietwitte
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Up Model

This has been my only problem with bb's. The trackball died twice on my pearl and I started having problem with a 2nd pearl. I was going to get a storm to get away from trackballs. When I heard about the 8900 it was the only thing that made me hesitate. I read that it had been redesigned so I took a chance. I have had this problem once so far and I hope this one doesn't die on me to.
    "Learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; it is free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery, and enchantment." - Deepak Chopra
    Banned

PIN
    Former Bold 9930 and PB user

Mine started doing this recently...it has issues mostly going to the right but all the other directions seem fine. Its really annoying...did anyone trying getting a replacement phone for this problem?
    CrackBerry Newbie

that happend to me it was going on for a few weeks on and off i wasent letting me go down and it one day just completly stopped working and i called sprint and they sent mee anew one cause they said there was nothing you can do

Global Posts
    7,142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post

Second, don't panic... wash your hands with soap... keep working the trackball, up, down, left and right... repeat until it starts working... it will work... I hope... mine did!!!
    Don't forget ribs/glazed doughnuts/chicken nuggets... well any type of finger food.
    HTC | Glacier | Powered by Cyanogen(mod) | CM7N86 | OC 1.2giggahurts
    Asus Netbook | Powered by Linux 11.04
    Nook Color | Powered by Cyanogen(mod) | CM7.0.3 | OC 925giggahurts
    Apple 3rd Gen iPod Touch bone frakking stock

Global Posts
    8,458 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by mjneid View Post
    Don't forget ribs/glazed doughnuts/chicken nuggets... well any type of finger food.
    MMMMMMMMMMM, that sounds delicious!

Global Posts
    7,142 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by aristile View Post
    MMMMMMMMMMM, that sounds delicious!

[thread jack]
    Just to give you a taste of Cincinnati Ohio.....

With barbecue, how it's cooked makes difference | Cincinnati Enquirer | Cincinnati.Com
    [/thread jack]

continue talking about the track ball problem.....
    HTC | Glacier | Powered by Cyanogen(mod) | CM7N86 | OC 1.2giggahurts
    Asus Netbook | Powered by Linux 11.04
    Nook Color | Powered by Cyanogen(mod) | CM7.0.3 | OC 925giggahurts
    Apple 3rd Gen iPod Touch bone frakking stock
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    24A03D93

Im having trouble with my trackball as well. Lets say i want to REPLY to a text and i hit menu, when i click on reply it takes me 2 FORWARD (under reply). It chooses whatever is under what i want 2 click on. When the screen is lock and i want to unlock it I need to be careful because the next option under UNLOCK is EMERGENCY CALL and it keeps selecting the Emergency option instead of unlock.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    237 Global Posts
    PIN
    ... That's Private ...

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post

yes, a clean thumb makes for a happy trackball (black pearl)

PIN
    ( ͡_͡)

I can't think of anything but food now! OK, clean thumbs, that's already been said. Do a search for cleaning methods, several are mentioned.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    14 Global Posts

mine stopped going down because the case on mine was to tight. i do not know if u have a case on urs though
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    36 Global Posts

Mine also started having issues going right. I tried everything suggested and nothing worked. Ended up replacing the BB trackball with a G1 trackball (along with a black bezel and black battery cover) and couldn't be happier. Works great now!

Of course, since I bought my 8900 off of ebay, I didn't have the warranty option. (At least I don't think I did...)
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    71 Global Posts
    PIN
    24B72BF3

Not with this unit, had several issues with the pearl..god i hated that.