CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Themes Question

I just recently upgraded my OS on my Curve 8900 to v5.0.0.461
    When changing my theme I have come to notice an issue.
    The theme itself works for all intensive purposes, but if I change the HOMEPAGE picture to something other than the one the theme provided or one of the pre-loaded pictures, the issue rears its head.

If I am on the home screen and press the blackberry button (The one to get to the "menu" The next screen behind it should also have a background photo, with the icons overlayed. The issue is that the screen goes to a white washed out screen. I can still see and navigate to the icons to where ever its needed, however, I cant see the text for any of them to know what they are. Obviously the icons show what they are, but this is just a little odd to me. Has anyone else seen this?

Found any fixes?

Thanks for any suggestions.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

Is the theme built for the 8900 AND built specifically for OS 5.0 of the 8900? Old theme might work, but it's best to have a theme that is built for OS 5.0 version of the 8900.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #3  

Yes the theme is built for the 8900. I am going to say its more than likely NOT built for the 5.0 OS as 5.0 was just recently made "official"
    The strange thing is that if I leave the background intact or use of of the preloaded pictures from the phone as the background pic, there are no issues.

I would venture to say its not a theme issue, but this is the reason I am here right? Not knowing and reaching for assistance.

I have tried all of the themes that have worked previous to the 5.0 upgrade, and they all act in the same fashion, standard pic that comes with the theme doesnt cause the issue its only when I use of of MY pictures I have taken with the phone camera itself.
    Very irritating, but not the end of the world.

One other side note in regards to Fatboys thoughts, In particular one of the themes I used when I first noticed this issue states that it works on OS 4.6 and above. Question is...does that also encompass 5.0? Hmmmm

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy97 View Post
    Is the theme built for the 8900 AND built specifically for OS 5.0 of the 8900? Old theme might work, but it's best to have a theme that is built for OS 5.0 version of the 8900.
    Last edited by bigdaddy76; 02-26-2010 at 10:38 AM.
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    12,914 Global Posts

I make my own themes... you might consider using one of those on linked here in CB, but there are actually located on PimpMyBerry.

Here is a good OS 5.0 theme you can try out and see if it's actually the theme or it's your device:
    Digital Blasphemy Fluorescence Theme (8900 - OS 5.0)
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #5  

Thanks for the information. I will give that a shot now and see what my results are. Thanks for the link as well. One more site to check out and get crazy with!
    Thanks again and I will let you know the outcome. AWESOME THEME BTW!

[QUOTE=fatboy97;4742027]I make my own themes... you might consider using one of those on linked here in CB, but there are actually located on PimpMyBerry.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

So far so good. It must mean that the themes must be specific to the 5.0 OS. I would rather say that your theme just ROCKS!

[QUOTE=fatboy97;4742027]I make my own themes... you might consider using one of those on linked here in CB, but there are actually located on PimpMyBerry.

Here is a good OS 5.0 theme you can try out and see if it's actually the theme or it's your device:
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    655 Global Posts
    PIN
    G! (Just Ask)

This issue pops up with a theme made with plazmic 4.7 and running it on a device with OS 5.0

There is an easy work around.... but you need to do it every reboot and/or every time you change themes.

To get rid of the white screen, just change back to the default precision theme, change the wallpaper to what you want (yes the apps screen will still stay blue but it doesnt matter) then change back to the theme where you had the white on the apps screen. It will have changed to the wallpaper that you set in the precision theme. Takes all of 10 seconds to do!

I am using this work around on my 9700 because I like the Hedone design theme 'digital' which has not been updated for 5.0 yet.
    "I burn all bridges left behind me... that way there is nowhere to go but forward!" ~ Unknown
    CrackBerry Addict

Synergie nice trick, specially when the theme is not made for 5.0.

I had that white background problem too, but I just installed the 5.0 theme and it fixed the problem.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    355 Global Posts
    PIN
    Just Ask

I have had this issue while running 5.0 with themes made for that os. I will try that trick to reset it. Thanks Synergie!
    kcurve@crackberry.com