Should the back of 8900 look like this?
10-20-10 05:52 AM
- Hello and thank you so much for viewing my thread,
I just received a Blackberry 8900 that I bought from Ebay. I was told the phone was brand new and in perfect condition, so I was looking forward to getting my NEW phone.
To my disappointment this phone seems like it has been used but just has been treated carefully.
On the back of my phone there is the blackberry symbol with those 7 dots, like in this picture: (I'm unable to post links yet)
Well, on my phone those dots aren't filled in with chrome but only one dot is filled in and the rest just are gray plastic. It seems like the chrome pieces fell out. I want to know if I have a right to complain about that? The back cover is also gray and not black like in that picture - is that a replacement backing?
Thank you so very much I really need to know this10-16-10 01:17 PM
- Try to resolve it with the seller. THEN if he doesn't make it good you file a complaint. If it's a good seller then he might send you a new back (battery cover).
People who file complaints and leave negative feedback before trying for a resolution are the bane of eBay. I read the negative feedback of a seller before buying and about 9 times out of 10 it's just stupid. Take the high road.
My 8900 was only a couple weeks old when I noticed two of those tiny chrome bits had fallen off. I found one of them in my belt holster; stuck to the fleece lining. The gummy glue that holds them in the indentations is not very good.10-16-10 10:17 PM
- Thanks so much for all of your responses.. I can't find where to open a dispute on PayPal? I saw that I can use the ebay 'Resolution Center' but when I went to PayPal I couldn't find anything.
I've e-mailed the seller to see if we can come to a resolve because I saw that's what ebay asks to do first. I was going to deal with the back scrapes on the phone.. I figured "I know it's probably used a little but works great so who cares." I wasn't going to say anything to ebay or the buyer.
Then, I went into the phones settings - I checked the "About" and it said "Device was refurbished on Aug. 30, 2010." That made me VERY mad! I was told this was brand new, never had any issues, and in perfect condition. There is damage to the back of the case, the wires are clearly used as well, and now it even says refurbished in there.
So I overpaid big for a used cell-phone. It was a good price for new but certainly not for used. I could've won a bid on a better package with used phone for about $35 less. I even think it could be worse that it was refurbished now because it's not even like it's been used lightly but it has had problems in the past.
I'm very dissatisfied I told the seller to refund me $35 and I'll keep the phone or else I want a full refund for return. I'm waiting on a reply now. Hopefully I can avoid having to go through all the complaining to ebay and wasting more time.
100% feedback too, what a shame... I really want to leave negative feedback even if they refund me but I'll give them a pass I think. Refurbished nearly 2 months ago, COME ON NOW!!!
I removed the plastic screen covers though..will it still be alright to file a claim? Would I be better saying there was no plastic?
Last edited by smittyblaze; 10-17-10 at 12:05 AM.10-16-10 11:13 PM
- I know you were lied to, but "Refurbished" is better than a used phone in most cases. Almost all warranty replacements through AT&T are Refurbished. I've bought several over the years and never had problems with any of them.
Good luck with whatever you decide to do.10-18-10 06:52 PM
- Heck, I had to go get my 8900 and take off the cover to even figure out what the conversation was ABOUT-LOL Yes, if I paid full price for a bb online, I'd be miffed, but what are the odds that full price was paid? Get a new battery cover, get a skin and move on. I think you have to understand that you are taking a chance when you buy from individual sellers online.10-19-10 08:45 PM
- personally i wouldnt be complaining about spending $35 for a newly refurbrished 8900...mine is refurbrished and other than the fact that i got something stuck in the trackball it works fine lol....also within the year ive had mine 3 of the little silver pieces fell off...they really should have thought about using a little more stronger adhesive lol10-20-10 05:52 AM
- BlackBerry OS Phone Forums
- More BlackBerry Phones
- BlackBerry Curve 8900
Should the back of 8900 look like this?
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD