Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Should the back of 8900 look like this?

Hello and thank you so much for viewing my thread,

I just received a Blackberry 8900 that I bought from Ebay. I was told the phone was brand new and in perfect condition, so I was looking forward to getting my NEW phone.

To my disappointment this phone seems like it has been used but just has been treated carefully.

On the back of my phone there is the blackberry symbol with those 7 dots, like in this picture: (I'm unable to post links yet)
    gadgetgoat.net/home/wp-content/uploads/2010/01/Blackberry-8900-Curve.jpg

Well, on my phone those dots aren't filled in with chrome but only one dot is filled in and the rest just are gray plastic. It seems like the chrome pieces fell out. I want to know if I have a right to complain about that? The back cover is also gray and not black like in that picture - is that a replacement backing?

Thank you so very much I really need to know this
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #2  

Nevermind I figured it out.. The chrome should be there and this person is an *****.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    PM me...

Hello,

That the chrome pieces fell out is normal. Mine 8900 had lost 3. I had my 8900 since 12/2008.
    CrackBerry Abuser

If you paid with paypal file a complaint as item not as described..
    CrackBerry Newbie

Try to resolve it with the seller. THEN if he doesn't make it good you file a complaint. If it's a good seller then he might send you a new back (battery cover).

People who file complaints and leave negative feedback before trying for a resolution are the bane of eBay. I read the negative feedback of a seller before buying and about 9 times out of 10 it's just stupid. Take the high road.

My 8900 was only a couple weeks old when I noticed two of those tiny chrome bits had fallen off. I found one of them in my belt holster; stuck to the fleece lining. The gummy glue that holds them in the indentations is not very good.
    CrackBerry Newbie

Thread AuthorThread Author   #6  

Thanks so much for all of your responses.. I can't find where to open a dispute on PayPal? I saw that I can use the ebay 'Resolution Center' but when I went to PayPal I couldn't find anything.

I've e-mailed the seller to see if we can come to a resolve because I saw that's what ebay asks to do first. I was going to deal with the back scrapes on the phone.. I figured "I know it's probably used a little but works great so who cares." I wasn't going to say anything to ebay or the buyer.

Then, I went into the phones settings - I checked the "About" and it said "Device was refurbished on Aug. 30, 2010." That made me VERY mad! I was told this was brand new, never had any issues, and in perfect condition. There is damage to the back of the case, the wires are clearly used as well, and now it even says refurbished in there.

So I overpaid big for a used cell-phone. It was a good price for new but certainly not for used. I could've won a bid on a better package with used phone for about $35 less. I even think it could be worse that it was refurbished now because it's not even like it's been used lightly but it has had problems in the past.

I'm very dissatisfied I told the seller to refund me $35 and I'll keep the phone or else I want a full refund for return. I'm waiting on a reply now. Hopefully I can avoid having to go through all the complaining to ebay and wasting more time.

100% feedback too, what a shame... I really want to leave negative feedback even if they refund me but I'll give them a pass I think. Refurbished nearly 2 months ago, COME ON NOW!!!

I removed the plastic screen covers though..will it still be alright to file a claim? Would I be better saying there was no plastic?

Thank you
    Last edited by smittyblaze; 10-17-2010 at 12:05 AM.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

It's like $2 for a new battery cover. Is it really such a huge issue?
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    410 Global Posts

^If the item was not as described, then yes, I would be mad, no matter how cheap it was the replace it.
    CrackBerry Abuser

I know you were lied to, but "Refurbished" is better than a used phone in most cases. Almost all warranty replacements through AT&T are Refurbished. I've bought several over the years and never had problems with any of them.

Good luck with whatever you decide to do.
    CrackBerry User

PIN
    20FA2FB7

Quote Originally Posted by stoneland View Post
    ^If the item was not as described, then yes, I would be mad, no matter how cheap it was the replace it.
    Agreed, I would be hopping mad too.
    CrackBerry Master

PIN
    Don't post your PIN online, people.

I submit that your priorities are out of whack if something so trivial can't be glossed over. Considering that it's eBay, the item shipped could have been a box of styrofoam peanuts and nothing else.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    246 Global Posts

Well, you have a right to file a complaint, but for such a small issue it will probably be more trouble then it's worth.

Those chrome plastic things fell out weeks after I purchased mine.
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    848 Global Posts
    PIN
    Pin you? I hardly KNOW you!

Heck, I had to go get my 8900 and take off the cover to even figure out what the conversation was ABOUT-LOL Yes, if I paid full price for a bb online, I'd be miffed, but what are the odds that full price was paid? Get a new battery cover, get a skin and move on. I think you have to understand that you are taking a chance when you buy from individual sellers online.
    ....cause when they own the information, they can bend it all they want.
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    35 Global Posts
    PIN
    22C596C5

personally i wouldnt be complaining about spending $35 for a newly refurbrished 8900...mine is refurbrished and other than the fact that i got something stuck in the trackball it works fine lol....also within the year ive had mine 3 of the little silver pieces fell off...they really should have thought about using a little more stronger adhesive lol
    "I get by with a little help from my friends, get high with a little help from my friends."
    -The Beatles

My Device History
    Nokia N-Gage QD-->Motorola RAZR-->Palm Treo 680-->Palm Treo 750-->Blackberry Curve 8900-->Palm Pixi Plus-->Blackberry Torch 9800