Welcome to the CrackBerry Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
    CrackBerry Newbie

PIN
    25895c8d
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Angry Reload software: 513

i connected my curve 8900 to the desktop manager and it was demanding a password, even-though i knew it when i enter on the computer it say wrong password but on the phone it's correct. So after 5 attempts on the computer everything wiped and now on the screen of the phone is 'reload software: 513'
    Could someone please help me.
    thanks
  2. Matrix Leader

What happened is, you thought your password was numbers, when it actually is letters.

Dont forget, when settings a password on a BlackBerry, if you want to enter a number, you need to press the ALT key before each key press otherwise the password would be letters

Example....you entered your password as 2256, but actually, the BlackBerry thought you entered eedf

That is why you were getting wrong password.

I hope you have backed up your Data before this happened using the BlackBerry Desktop Manager so you can restore it after we install your OS again.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

You must start by downloading OS 5.0.0.1067

After the download is complete, install the file you have just downloaded.

Next, Navigate to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader

OR to Computer >>> C: >>> Program Files (x86) >>> Common Files >>> Research in Motion >>> Apploader (if you have a 64-Bit Windows Operating System)

Delete the file name vendor or vendor.xml in that folder.

While you are still in that folder, after you have deleted the above mentioned file, you will find another file by the name of loader.exe

Run that file, you will now get the screen to initialize the upgrade of the OS on your BB, click next to continue, your device PIN will be listed on this next screen, click next again to continue.

Now you will get with a list of options to select or deselect the components you want to install.

Carefully select only the items that you need, do not select all the chat messengers and components you know you will not use as this will eat up your precious application memory.

After you have selected the components you want to install, click next, and the upgrade process shall begin.

After your phone starts again, connect it to the BlackBerry Desktop Manager, then restore your previously saved backup, if you had created a backup in the past, otherwise, you will have to configure everything again.

This exact thing happened to me 9 months back when I got my first BB 8520, I was a n00b and didn't know about this whole letter / number thing