Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CH ME I'M DREAMING...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #1  

Default Post Your Photos Taken w/ 8900 Camera

This camera is *awesome*, it makes me want to take pics of everything.

CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    1,025 Global Posts

Stop eating cookies, bad for you
    Gym!

Sorry, it's what I tell myself all the time...

On topic, what OS do you have? Does it take long to focus?
    Facebook
    Personal: 9700 6.0.0.418
    Work: 8330 5.0.0.438 based hybrid
    9550 5.0.0.713
    CrackBerry User

I think the camera on the 8900 was a big surprise from me, coming from a 5MP down to 3.2 I was expecting a big drop in image quality, but I'm stunned at just how good the pics it produces are!

CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Up Model

These pics look great unfortunately mine don't what settings are you all using?
    "Learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; it is free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery, and enchantment." - Deepak Chopra
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Up Model

Default Correction

Quote Originally Posted by Cristyluv View Post
    These pics look great unfortunately mine don't what settings are you all using?
    I take that back. The photos look good when you use the side key. When I use the trackball they come out grainy. Has anyone else noticed that?
    "Learn to get in touch with the innermost essence of your being. This true essence is beyond the ego. It is fearless; it is free; it is immune to criticism; it does not fear any challenge. It is beneath no one, superior to no one, and full of magic, mystery, and enchantment." - Deepak Chopra
    CrackBerry User

Quote Originally Posted by Codd View Post
    I think the camera on the 8900 was a big surprise from me, coming from a 5MP down to 3.2 I was expecting a big drop in image quality, but I'm stunned at just how good the pics it produces are!
    number of megapixels doesnt equalize image quality!!
    in phone camera case it is even better that they decided t odecrease MP, can you imagine how big noise on photos would it produce with such a small sensor??
    MP = print size NOT quality of image, i can bet that any of DSLr camera user will take a better quality shot after switching to 5mp mode than a compact camera owner even with 15mp on board, my potos from BB in few hours
    sorry for my poor english http://www.missionabandoned.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

How's the shutter lag? I heard there was a huge delay.

Are you able to turn off autofocus? I read in a review that there wasn't a way to disable it!
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    Up Model

I don't see an option to turn autofocus off.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Yet another duplicate thread.

http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/pi...javelin-87299/

Why do people simply refuse to use the Search function before they start a new thread in the same forum?
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    CH ME I'M DREAMING...
    Thread AuthorThread Author   #10  

Quote Originally Posted by Pete6 View Post

Why do people simply refuse to use the Search function before they start a new thread in the same forum?
    Actually, I did search twice, but I used the PROPER name of the device and not the CODE NAME. Don't make it seem like I'm a clueless newbie when I'm clearly not.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    9,543 Global Posts
    PIN
    T of Beer Please

Quote Originally Posted by NancyDrew View Post
    Actually, I did search twice, but I used the PROPER name of the device and not the CODE NAME. Don't make it seem like I'm a clueless newbie when I'm clearly not.
    Hehe, happens to everyone. I just searched this forum for the word "pictures". No harm done though.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Here are a few pics I took with my phone. One was taken from inside my apartment, but of the outside (u will see why i didn't take it outside), another of my 8900 Rogers box and a couple for my kids shoes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Photos Taken w/ 8900 Camera-img00015-20090129-1442.jpg   Post Your Photos Taken w/ 8900 Camera-img00020-20090129-1445.jpg   Post Your Photos Taken w/ 8900 Camera-img00185-20090127-1410.jpg   Post Your Photos Taken w/ 8900 Camera-img00184-20090127-1410.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...

Here 2 Pics from me.

One outside and the other trough my window from my room.

CrackBerry Addict

PIN
    21689C96

Quote Originally Posted by Pete6 View Post

The last reply to that thread was on the 8'th of this month...ALOT of posts get buried in 11 days of Crackberry madness. Plus as she mentioned, it was posted with the code name.

But as you mentioned, no harm done. Just wanted to bring these factors up.
    CrackBerry User

my one

i'd stay with my dslr : )
    sorry for my poor english http://www.missionabandoned.com
    CrackBerry Abuser

hey chriz, ur jack Russell, does it like to play with the snow, i have one and if i throw snow see chases it and eats it, lol and i can also shoot water in the air with the hose and see catches it in her mouth haha. its quite entertaining.
    CrackBerry Abuser

Global Posts
    269 Global Posts
    PIN
    PM me...

@Noobie
    Yes..she loves to play with snow.
    But with Water i didnt test. *g* Next Summer maybe. She loves pine cone also...If she saw a forest its the first thing she brings to me.

Outdoor Pics are exellent from the 8900. Try to make some good indoor Pics tomorrow.
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    28A4C8D8

I figured I would post some photos. I took these on the way back from work and to class this morning. boy do i love this camera!

eburganjr

once you go crackberry...you wind up like me
    CrackBerry Addict

Global Posts
    751 Global Posts
    PIN
    21C030F8

Quote Originally Posted by howejustin View Post
    The last reply to that thread was on the 8'th of this month...ALOT of posts get buried in 11 days of Crackberry madness. Plus as she mentioned, it was posted with the code name.

But as you mentioned, no harm done. Just wanted to bring these factors up.
    +1, and sorry guys but I gotta say, why take the time to go look up these threads and hyperlink them?? Whats done is done, cant delete the thread.....just let it be
    Facebook
    "Beauty is a beguiling call to death, and I am addicted to the sweet pitch of her siren."

Follow Me @McCody
    CrackBerry Genius of Geniuses

Global Posts
    10,014 Global Posts
    PIN
    323E1E5A

Collect coins or want extra income??? https://www.numisnetwork.com/CER

I'll Stop procrastinating tomorrow!!
    CrackBerry Abuser

Please let us know if your pictures have inconsistent resolutions (see http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...istent-148424/)
    Last edited by HofstraJet; 01-30-2009 at 01:57 PM.
    CrackBerry Abuser

So, no option to turn AF off?
    CrackBerry User

Here is mine:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Post Your Photos Taken w/ 8900 Camera-img00002-20090127-1513-.jpg  
    CrackBerry Abuser

PIN
    K: is not my colour!

Quote Originally Posted by superiwan View Post
    my one

i'd stay with my dslr : )
    u really mean it by comparing it to slr? of course its no where near. its like comparing madona and mariah carey, bmw 1 series and 7 series, even a 450D and 50D canon slr camera cant be compared. they just dont play in the same game.

the pictures taken by javelin is way better quality than any other cell phone has. on some 5-7 megapixels pocket camera, javelin can really put a competition. it loses the fight when it comes to low light condition, the flash just dont have enough power. javelin has a mechanical focusing system, that is why the focus is quite accurate and the picture is crisp.

my only problem is the size of the pictures that doesnt give a consistent width and lenght.. http://forums.crackberry.com/f100/89...istent-148424/
    CrackBerry User

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    PIN
    7A011E09

my mouse..

Page 1 of 17 123411 ... LastLast